Tow Cars

new towcar choice

Total Posts: 88
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
i am starting to look around at a new towcar for my 2012 Sterling Eccles Lux 544 and have short listed 4 cars, the Vauxhall Antara 2.2, the Ford Kuga, the Kia Sportage and the Hyundia IX35 all of which are similar in size, economy and pulling weight but i do not know anyone who owns and pulls a caravan with any of these cars. Can anyone give me any advice or any other alternative cars as i am concerned about getting the right one
Total Posts: 57
Posted: 5 years ago
My brother-in-law tows with a 2010 Kuga, it is the version with the more powerful engine (163 bhp I think). He says it tows effortlessly and his van feels really planted behind it. He bases his views on towing on all classes of road in the UK, France and Belgium. I can't help with the others, good luck and have a look at the reliability surveys.
Total Posts: 3
Posted: 4 years ago
Have you done a check on this site http://www.whattowcar.com/
Total Posts: 1
Posted: 3 years ago
I have a Landrover Freelander 2 and it is a brilliant tow car. Anything up to 2 tonnes weight with a hitch limit of 150kg.

To be frank, it will tow well over 2 tonnes but Land Rover limit it to 2 tonnes to protect running gear from excess strain.

I got mine new, but these are quite reasonable secondhand now and you can get a good one for reasonable money.