Tow Cars

Freelander

Total Posts: 314
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Have had a few, but the one I think is the best is my current Freelander, not everyone is a fan, but my 51 plate is still going strong & not bad on fuel, just the road tax that is high!
My mate has a Kia & he rates it, so may try one sometime.
Total Posts: 127
My best tow car is my present car which is a Ford Kuga AWD 163bhp it tows a dream and returns 29 mpg towing and mid forties solo and £170 road tax . But my worst tow car was a 2006 Kia Sportage it drank more than the wife plus I had brake failure whilst towing due to a leaking front brake I had the car from new and kept 16 months and went to a Ford Mondeo which also great tow car.
Total Posts: 39
We use a Freelander too, our 52 plate TD4 pulls like a train and we do get sensible mpg too. I agree they're not everyones cuppa and they do have their annoying faults (elec windows my main bug), but overall I love the brute
Total Posts: 169
cant agree more than with bigchris, the Kuga is certainly the daddy of towing, but would dispute car tax as I pay £200 , but very good mpg which knocks land rovers into a poor 2nd place
Total Posts: 51
Land rover will tow more than the kuga.
Total Posts: 314
just done lake district with freelander & it didn't miss a beat, did 30mpg towing & couldn't tell van was behind!! & think you are right in that tha Land Rover will tow a heavier van??
Kuga is a nice car but we can't all afford one! & I know what I would take 'proper' off roading!?!?
Total Posts: 102
We had a 2004 Freelander and loved it. In many respects it was basic but it towed our Swift 235 with ease. When we changed the van to a heavier one we had to look again and bought a Hyundai Terracan. They are no longer imported into the UK unfortunately but we have been extremely pleased with ours.
Total Posts: 190
Our Nissan Navara tows just about anything.... Good mpg as well averaging 25 to a gallon at a steady 57mph.
Total Posts: 102
Thats the amazing thing with our Terracan. We get over 40mpg generally and around 28 to 30 when towing. The best we've had in a tow car.