Storage

I need to store my caravan for 6 months

Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 7 years ago
How much should this cost me as I haven't done this before, please advise.
Depends on the security offered on site, and the area your in. I paid £400 per year for secure indoor storage so I would think you could pay around £200 for six months, maybe less if you can find a spot with less security in a farmers barn .
Total Posts: 270
Verified
Depends on your location and how far you're prepared to travel. Look in your local yellow pages (or search on T'internet for local sites), make sure that they have good security though as I've heard of vans being nicked from 'unsecure' storage compounds and the owners haven't been able to claim on their insurance due to the lapse security arrangements, also try your local dealers, they sometimes offer storage.
Total Posts: 12
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi Just to say that i have had a caravan stolen from a secure site in essex. I would reccomend you ask CRIS the registration people to tell you how many vans have been stolen from any site that you are thinking about storing on as you can then make an informed decision
Total Posts: 28
I cannot remember where I read it but the quote that sticks in my mind is that " some caravan storage places are supermarkets for caravan thieves "
Total Posts: 15
Well seems to depend on Area Coventry is around £50 per Month. But I store mine in South Wales for under £200 per year with decent security.
C Meiner
Total Posts: 169
Just put mine in storage for the first time and find that £400 a year or £200 for 6 months is the average depending on the area.
Total Posts: 102
Does anyone have any experience of storing a caravan in either France or Spain. We go to Spain in the winter and think it may be cheaper than taking it on the long ferry route each year.
Total Posts: 8
Posted: 5 years ago
My van is in secure storage in Lancashire, when I say secure, I mean the bloke who runs it lives there, with two massive dogs and a very severe looking barbed wire fence all round. It used to be a pik- er, used to be a traveller site so there are police-installed cameras on the entrance. I wonder why. A word to the wise. Those wheel locks that get reviewed again and again in the monthlies are useless- they can all be knocked off with a piece of scaffolding. The only real lock that works is a huge chain with a huge padlock. Of course you also need to be on a secure site like mine because if the members of the caravan stealing community - I wonder who they could be - can't steal your van, they will demolish or burn it out of spite. Look at your storage site. How secure is it? Most of the ones I've seen are hopeless. The one I use I would say is the caravan equivalent of Fort Knox!!!
Total Posts: 8
Posted: 5 years ago
sorry forgot to say - it's £300 a year!