Members:

See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

Storage

Caravan storage in France

Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm looking to store my caravan in secure covered storage in France near st Malo, anybody help?
Total Posts: 110
hi my present wife and i are about to take our van to a site in normandy it is called le picard have a look at there web site a friend told us about it and after checking it out and doing a lot of reserch we are more than happy
it is a three star site have a look and maybe we will be seeing you there
teecee
Total Posts: 12
Hi i worked at le picard a few years ago and the security is exellent and paul the owner is very helpfull. as far as i know though i dont think they have any undercover storage. its also a good place as near to cherberg and caen for ferries.
Hi i must agree with you paul and his wife are great and he is working to bring it up to 4 star
Total Posts: 3
We spent just under two weeks at le Picard last summer .... Fantastic loved the site and the area.
Total Posts: 122
Hi folks When storing your van abroad do you mean your van is there on a short term/ yearly basis or permanent. How do you go on with insurance. do you say take out French insurance or what as my Uk insurance only covers me for 31 days per year abroad and will not offer longer cover ie 3months
Total Posts: 1
Towergate will insure British caravans stored in France!
le picard also offer french insurance
Total Posts: 67
We are about to take our caravan to France to live because I've found under-cover storage in Normandy for €400 per year. We will probably insure it with AXA when we get there.
Total Posts: 102
As JimF said earlier, Towergate Bakers will insure vans in Europe for 365 days a year. Their application form is quite detailed about where you will keep it stored but if they feel you meet the criteria they are very reasonably priced.