Sites

Callow Top Holiday Park

Total Posts: 72
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
Had a short break this week Callow Top Holiday Park, Buxton Road, Ashbourne this site was recommended to us by friend who visited last year.
Large site with pretty good facilities. The site was fairly busy and I guess will be packed in the summer as it has an outdoor swimming pool (not open yet). Staff very friendly and helpful... One thing to be aware of is the very steep hill/drive you have to go up to get to the site... boy its steep, but when you get near the top some speed bumps have been added which is a real pain as the last thing you really want on a hill that steep is bumps designed to slow you down.
Great offer on at moment pitches are half price and if you link to weekends together you can keep the caravan on site for just £3 a day.... so we are off there again next weekend.
On site pub is really great, the Callow Top IPA bear is very nice and food looks great but we didn't eat there this week but will next weekend.
Showers cost 20p and a little on the hot side but very clean, just one note about the toilet blocks the large loo role holder are fitted behind you as you sit and a little high so make sure you pull some loo roll down or off first... ;-0

Great time looking forward to next weekend already.

Total Posts: 314
have been passed that one & it looked good, may try it.
have you done a review on the site section? always helpfull to others.
Total Posts: 72
I have now added the above comment to the site review section... Thanks Billy1 for pointing it out :-)
Total Posts: 314
no probs, i try to do a review on all sites i stay on, but find some aren't on here???
Total Posts: 2
Stayed last year and not impressed, Noisy at night if weather warm due to folk outside pub & kids running around unchecked.
Total Posts: 88
I was supposed to be going just before easter but didnt go as the weather concerned me along with knowing the acces issues. I have stopped there beofre a few years ago whe i was slumming in a tent. I am going to try and get there again later this year ( sad really as it is only 45minutes from where i live