Sites

I'm taking over a Static Caravan and the site fees are too expensive!

Total Posts: 52
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi there, I am looking to take over a fairly old static caravan which is currently sited at Thorpe Park (Haven), Cleethorpes.
This site would be far too expensive for me to pay the site fees and I am looking for another place to put it. Something small, perhaps family run, doesn't necessarily have to have any facilities other than a place to put the caravan and hook it up, coast would be nice but I'm flexible as long as there is something special about it, a river, quiet village etc.
Could you point me in the right direction please? I am clueless where to start looking and Googling is getting me nowhere!!!
Hope you can help.
Alison Taylor
Total Posts: 1
Hi Alison
What area are you looking for? Are you wanting to stay close to Cleethorpes? Have you definately ruled out moving to another Haven park? If you would like to consider another Haven Park you can ask our members on Haven Owners Forum (www.havenownersforum.co.uk) for information about any Haven park. As existing owners they will be able to tell you all you need to know about their park from site fees to facilities and local attractions etc. The forum welcomes everybody not just Haven Owners and if you like you can ask your questions in the 'Visitors Questions' section.

Keith
Total Posts: 3
Hi, sorry you are not going to like this but feel you really need to know what you are getting into.

Most site owners only want you to purchase either what is on their site or a new one and legally they can and DO charge 10% every time you sell or change vans.

Have you considered that the van being old may not survive the trauma of moving, even if you were only re-siting to another pitch in the same field. They are very flimsy.

I would strongly suggest (and I live on a residential park home - and have worked for the local Council for many years, so do know what I am talking about here) that you look for another van already sited on a park that you can afford.

Also sites can upt their site prices far more that you would think, as it is a second home it does not come under the restrictions of say rented property, or a residential park home, from the Council's point of view.

Even if a farmer or somone with land would like to offer you a place for your van the Council may not let him. You cannot do what you want on your own land these days.
Total Posts: 122
What is the going rate for removing van off pitch, 2 how much for transport to new site, 3 how much to relocate van on on new pitch with the new re-connectioncharges. You say old van what are wheels tyres etc like does it still have its A frame. I think you would find it cheaper to leave it where it is and try to recover site fees by renting out so many weeks of year to friends neighbours people you know and trust. If to old new site might refuse to take it. I believe any thing over 15 years has to be renewed on site owners orders ?????