Sites

Sites you would never return to

Total Posts: 122
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
I visited a site about ten years ago with sister-in-law and family, two of our dauaghters and families and three friends and families in total 14 adults and 27 children. Two caravans and seven tents one gazebo our own rally. we pitched up in the rally field . Nice site lovely toilets etc but long walk from rally field. We took a water boiler for brewing tea etc only one site box on rally field every time we plugged in to boil water it tripped. and could not be reset at box. You had to go and ask warden to reset in lock up next to toilets. after second visit he refused to re- set between 17-30 hrs and 07-30 hrs. we had to keep barbie going to keep adequate hot water supply. The grumpy old git had the cheek to have a list typed and a copy pinned to the back of every toilet door stating kettle so many amps toaster microwave etc total load 7,25 amps so 10 amp supply was more than adequate what a joke as several of the other site boxs were inter linked or spurs. I think every visting tourer owner complained at some time during their stay. the visitors book read repetedly lovely site lovely reception pity about the electric supply and the warden. wont recommend to my friends wont be back.
Total Posts: 6
Hope no-one ever says that about my site ! PS, we have 16 amp fuses that you can reset yourself so you'd be ok here!

Low Glengyre Farm CL, SW Scotland
Total Posts: 314
One that we stayed at near Peterborough over the jubilee weekend
Total Posts: 127
Southview Skegness we stayed there March 2012 the first pitch was water logged even though it was hard standing and we had to move pitches the shower blocks was dirty the security drove around site like the sweeney . We complained about the state of the pitches and shower blocks etc and the gave a offer of a 3 night stay free of charge for us and our daughter to give them another chance but when we tried to book both of us we was told they was booked up but the web site showed diffrent so we now we would never return to Southview or any Park Resorts parks again.
I have to agree on the Southview one! it has realy gone down hill since Park Resorts took over a few years ago! & not just on thetouring part of the park.
Skegness sands much better.
Total Posts: 88
South view has really lost its appeal since Park resorts have taken over. When we went last year we booking in plenty of time choosing a specific pitch which you can do. When we got there we found that someone else had gone onto our pitch and set up. I asked the person what pitch he was on he told us our allocated pitch number. He had gone on our pitch because he did not like the one hw was booked onto. I could understand why as his allocated pitch was disgusting. I contacted the booking office to sort it out. They took 20 minutes to come to me, saw what had happened and told me i would have to go on the pitch allocated to the free pitch this guy was on. I told them i had booked this specific pitch for its location and did not want to go anywhere else. They however were not willing to move the other person. I asked to be upgraded to a better pitch as they could not give me the pitch i booked but they would not and told me i had to go onto the other pitch. refused an thry had to find me a more suitable pitch. After 2 hours i was sited but not where i wanted. The site was nothing how i remebered from before and i will NEVER go there again :(
As I put above Skegness Sands much better if you want to be in the skeggy area.
Total Posts: 8
Posted: 4 years ago
I find that in the websites that ask you to review caravan sites, any mention of "the travelling community" (it infuriates me to have to use that phrase) means that the comment gets deleted. Example. I turned up at a site in Cheshire, beautiful in every way, except there were two big caravans accompanied by transit vans with orange lights on the roof. Much drinking and shouting was going on. Even though we'd booked, we just packed up and left. A review that mentioned this was deleted straight away. We found out later that this site was well known for being traveller friendly. Does political correctness really mean that we can't talk about these things? Answer: yes.
Total Posts: 45
Posted: 4 years ago
There's a C&CC site near Crich, next door to the CC site, but I don't know it's name. It's supposedly a 5 unit field. We were one of six vans, four motorhomes and four trailer tents crammed in. over the hedge were eight tents.

Everyone sharing one toilet and one shower (in the same shed) what a nightmare.