Members:

See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

Sites

Where's the best Caravan Site in the UK?

Total Posts: 14
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 7 years ago
I'm new to Caravanning and looking for a top site to visit in the UK... Any recommendations?
Check out either Hobourne leisure, Parkdean holidays or Haven! They have brilliant facilities on site and there is always something to do in the day for the adults and the kids!! Check their websites as they have a few discounts every now and again
I would recommend Ross Park at Ipplepen between Newton Abbot and Totnes in Devon.
Fantastic site within easy reach of Torbay and Dartmoor, excellent facilities with a small bar and restaurant on site very dog friendly with a huge dog walk.
Mostly hardstanding pitches many with water and grey waste drainage.
It depends what sort of site you are looking for, a quiet one, or one with lots for children. I personally like a quiet site, and would recommend Exe Valley site near Minehead. It is an adult only site, and we thoroughly enjoyed a week there alongside the river Exe with a beautiful weir at the end of the dog walk.
As someone who's new to caravanning myself, I found a great little site (around 20 pitches) at Bidford on Avon, Warwickshire. The 'Cottage of Content' is an old fashioned country pub - selling great food & real ales - with the site behind it. The showers and toilets are a little basic but, hey, if you want the heights of luxury you go to a hotel don't you? Most of the pitches have electric hook up and many have water standpipes. There are probably many more refined sites that you can go to, but my wife and I found this the ideal - peaceful - place to hone our caravanning skills, and we will definitely be going again. The village of Bidford is a ten minute stroll away, alongside the river Avon, and there is a reasonable choice of eating & drinking establishments to visit. Admittedly, we visited in April, so I can't say whether this site gets particularly busy but, with only a few pitches, I suspect it rarely gets 'packed' and while we were there we didn't notice any noise or nuisance connected with the pub.
Total Posts: 14
Thanks for the info...
It sounds like my kind of site... with a pub next door!
I'll put it on the summer list!
We are holiday right now staying yet again at Herdwick Croft Caravan Park, Bassenthwaite in the Lake District. The facilities on this site are few, i.e. toilets, showers, washing & drying, electric hookups, dog walks & wifi but the outstanding feature of this site is the stunning views all around the touring site. Skiddaw looks close enough to touch and the lake is just across the road. Halfway between Keswick & Cockermouth but not really that far from anywhere in the Lakes it is ideal for fell walkers, touring and wild life enthuiasts. The owners Stuart & Michelle Wilson are a young couple who live on site cannot do enough for you but don't blame them if the weathers poor - it is the Lake District after all!!

We have just come back from Stowford Farm Meadow in North Devon. It is a really well run site. There are both hard standings and grass pitches. It is a friendly site with a good shop and an amazing accessories shop which also has a workshop attached. I would recommend it for a really relaxing holiday near some fabulous beaches.
Posted: 6 years ago
As Chrissie says it depends on what you are looking for.
We are classed as a Hidaway Site and if its a quiet site where the only nosie you may hear is the cockeral, then this could be the site for you.
We have only been open 3 years and the visitors all enjoy their stay.
I am promoting craft activities and craft related events to attract like minded people. We have a busy smallholding but we enjoy the caravan and campers too. The area also has a lot to offer, Shropshire is a beautiful county and lots to do on away days too.
Roz Hill Acorn Crafts Campsite (facebook)
Total Posts: 314
Try here if you want one of the best sites I know, only 5 van site but 5*
www.greethamretreat.co.uk/touring-caravans
Total Posts: 155
We could reccomend a number of sites, some with excellent facilities and some with basic ones.
It all depends on what you want to do, how far from a town, walks or a beach, or historic heritage.
Look at the area you want to visit, then do a search for sites in the area, read the comments and then decide.
Also take into consideration the cost for what is offered.
Do not be put off by the lack of facilities, all you really need is electric, water and somewhere to empty loo.
We have had great breaks Like this as it allows longer breaks.
Total Posts: 6
Us of course !!! Peaceful wee CL in SW Scotland, cheap prices (if CC member) but still offers good facilities. Exceptional views.

Low Glengyre Farm CL, near Stranraer
Total Posts: 88
Well I am going to stowford park , North Devon in may as I have heard loads of good reports about it as it has been many years since we went to that area , however my all time favourite sites are Riverside Holiday Park in Newquay, Cornwall , great little family site in the valley 10 minutes from Newquay very friendly, very clean, nice little shop, bar and covered pool at a very reasonable price and also the Haven site, Thorpe Park at Cleethorpes , again great site , very busy but loads to do with great entertainment and activities. On 15 minute walk down the coast walk to Cleethorpes or you can take the miniature steam train if you feel lazy great area with loads to do.
Total Posts: 19
Best all weather site is Baltic Warf caravan club site at Bristol also takes non members it is situated in between the river and the docks so much to do bus stop outside front gate river boat trips to town centre stops outside rear gate.site gets very busy some dificulty in getting in.RSpence
Total Posts: 3
When we summed up our year with our girls last year we asked which was their favourite holiday. They both shouted Ladram Bay!
This was near budleigh salterton, sidmouth way. It is a hilly site but the entertainment team were fantastic with the kids and they timed things perfectly. They had a little evening kids club which just gave enough time to go and have a little rest/drink/meal before the nights entertainment.
Site was clean, good shop, great kids play area, pool and own pebble beach with some great walks and fantastic views.
Going back this year.
Total Posts: 122
The Best site is the one that has all the facilities etc that you and spouse/ family want wether its pubs,clubs, entertainment, coastal, countryside, busy, quite, or just a flat field with a tap.You makes your choice pay your site fees and enjoy it.

Over the years she who thinks she,s boss and I must have tried all types of caravaning even a-natural in Cornwall there was only one other van on site as we only got one day out of 5 warm enough to bare all the rest were wet and windy and we where very close to the coast, cliff top. we have never bothered to test the water again so to speak. As the boss says its for young ones not old and fat wrinkley old (F#*$&) like us