Sites

dog walking straight off cl's

Total Posts: 2
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi, I'm just abit new to this so bear (or is it bare ??)
with me please.
67 year old me a wifey, one big german shepherd and obe retreive looking for good cl's where you can walk directly off site into country/woods etc without plonking dogs in car.
any thoughts please
Total Posts: 314
Hi, What part of country?
Total Posts: 2
Hi
I'm from North East Wales ( Nr Chester) so looking for somewhere around 2 - 3 hours run, don't mind anywhere within that distance. just like to walk directly off siite
Total Posts: 314
Hi,
don't know if you could get to Lincolnshire in 3 hours?? but I can recomend www.greethamretreat.co.uk/touring-caravans it is in the Lincolnshire Wolds & you can walk on or off site straight in to them.
Total Posts: 1
Hi, don't know how long it would take you to get there, but we use a site (not a cl though) in north yorkshire, Wolds Way Caravan and Camping, as the name suggest it is on the Wolds Way, never been on a better one for dog walks! Straight off site into the countryside, can walk for miles without crossing a road. Has showers, toilets and small shop. Along way off main road, has tourers/camping and seasonal pitches for tourers. It's between Malton and Scarbrough.
Total Posts: 122
HI Miked not having a dog because we live in a private flat and animals are not allowed. However there are several CL sites a round our home town Southport where the sites are very close to the beach and others in countryside where you can go walkies without using the car. I use a site in North Yorkshire which is 1.45 hrs from Sthport so should be in your range but it is Not a CL site It has a dedicated dog walk along a disused railwayline ( no rails ).You can book seasonal on this site Daily or weekly.there are also three CL sites within 3miles of this site which are down very quite country lanes used by only site traffic and residents About 3/4 there is designated footpaths off these lanes in to the country side The nearest town is called Pocklington within your 3 hr travelling time .The site I use a lot is called Fangfoss park with its dedicated dog walk and is eight miles from York off the A1079 Hull road About twenty minutes from the totally isolated Wolds caravan site which is about 1.5 miles off the A166 York to Bridlington road.[ Fangfoss Park YO41 5QB . Woldsview Holiday park YO41 1HJ. Google earth them best of luck
Total Posts: 122
PS Miked just a thought how about Anglesey there is a cl site just barely out side Newborough it backs on to the footpath that leads down to the beach and is 1/2 mile down country lane to Forrestry woodland walk and car park, carpark leads straight onto beach but remember to turn left when on beach not right because if you do youll have to go bare its a nudist beach after 300yards to the right. there again youll get the site off C&CC & CC web sites or Google Earth Anglesey. I spent about a year on the Isle over Five years on different sites but not always Cl sites
Total Posts: 102
Total Posts: 6
Wee bit out of your area, but one to consider for a longer visit or for other users -

Low Glengyre Farm CL, SW Scotland

We have a glen on the doorstep of our CL (though it does get a bit overgrown during the summer). We also have dog walks around the farm and lovely walks from the farm if you like to walk a bit further - beach, circular walks etc.