Sites

servicing

Total Posts: 2
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
my site has told me i have to use there own servicing people to do my gas checks and pat testing, how can enforce the office of fair trading standards
Total Posts: 270
Evening Andy. Unless you have a written contract with your site owner, you should not be forced to have the maintenance checks carried out by someone of their chosing. The only stipulation should be that you employ a 'Gas Safe' registered engineer to service your gas appliances & pipework who then provides you with a 'certificate of conformance' and a 'competent' electrician to carry out your PAT testing. Although there are various referals by a lot of people and organisations, the Electricity @ Work regulations and the associated Approved Code of Practice DO NOT actually enforce the need to carry out a PAT test on electrical items it is purely a guidance, however, this may be a 'requirement' by an insurance company to prove 'due dilligence' on your part if you are lettting/sub-letting your van either by yourself or through the site owners (assuming the site also let your van when you are not using it) it all depende on how much of a stand you want to make for your rights to use an independant company.
Total Posts: 56
You do not need to e an electrician to carry out PAT examinations, just competent. For small installations you would not need the testing equipment. As long as you could show your equipment is safe. I.e wired correctly and safely with the correct fuse in the plug. Because of the number of times portable equipment is used in a caravan it probably would not need doing annually.
Total Posts: 56
You do not need to e an electrician to carry out PAT examinations, just competent. For small installations you would not need the testing equipment. As long as you could show your equipment is safe. I.e wired correctly and safely with the correct fuse in the plug. Because of the number of times portable equipment is used in a caravan it probably would not need doing annually.