Sites

Water Rates

Total Posts: 5
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
We are being charged water rates, for 12 months in advance from April'2012 to March'2013, the park is only open ten and a half months, and the bill is estimated, and VAT isnt being charged. They have apportioned it, so that the 190 static caravans, are to pay 66% of the bill, and they have charged us VAT. Anyone else in this situation? Can they do this??? Is it legal. So Frustrating. Would appreciat some input. Thanks.
Total Posts: 12
having managed a small holiday park service bills should only be charged at cost ie they are not allowed to make a profit. if you are only allowed to use van for less than a year then it should be charged for ony that portion of time. and as for Vat water and sewage is not vatable as they are zero rated by HMRC
Total Posts: 270
Me thinks you should find somewhere else to put your van and give Mr HMRC a call, sounds like they're trying to cream a bit off the top to prevent them from having to pay anything themselves..
Ozzy..
Thank you for your responses.
Do static caravans have to go on concrete bases? I mean if a static is removed do they then have to put down a concrete base for the next static is put on that plot? Someone told me this law came in about five years agao.