See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

Sites

out of season sites

Total Posts: 23
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Well the season is drawing to a end soon but me and the wife fancy trying getting some weekends away during the winter.

Can anyone recomend sites in Scotland and north England that are open all year. Also any advice for anything we will need extra.

Thanks Jamieg
Hi JamieG
Riverside Park in Wooler is open all year. It has a clubhouse and pool that are over the road from the site so its not noisy. Its also just 5/10 minutes walk to Wooler town centre where there are several pubs and take aways. Its handy for exploring Alnwick, Chillingham and the north east coast and not far from the scottish border.
Hope this is some helpto you!
Total Posts: 314
Hi, I know its not Scotland but is North?? (defo east!) but Lincolnshire has a large amount of sites open all year round, most are 5 van sites, one of the best is Greetham Retreat near Horncastle.
Total Posts: 17
I see the carvan and camping club have just announced which sites will stay open over winter
Total Posts: 155
This would be a good place to list sites that are open all year, and maybe if enough people show interest we could start our own site recommendations list.
Total Posts: 314
Maybe the site section needs a filter option (as UKcampsites has) so you can just tick a box & just filter by 'open allyear'
Total Posts: 67
I think Billy1 and intransient1 have a couple of good ideas there.

Checking site books for when they are open is a pain. Especially for France, where the season is so short.
Total Posts: 6
We have a CL site in Scotland, open all year, if you are a member of the CC.

SW Scotland, all hardstanding (ideal for wet weather), toilets, shower etc. - as long as it isn't too frosty.

Low Glengyre Farm CL, near Stranraer