See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

Sites

Caravan Protective coating...

Total Posts: 3
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Can anyone reccommend a protective coating we can use to protect our caravan over the winter whilst in storage. Must be quick and easy to apply. Thanks
Total Posts: 190
I would suggest quick and easy is not the answer, but a good wash and waxing is. Yes it takes a while to do but well worth the effort to help protect your van. Use a good quality polish like Meguiars for superior results.
Total Posts: 25
As Ian has said the best way to protect your van from winters ravages is a thorough clean and a good quality wax. The quick and easy way to do it is to give me a ring (or email me) and book me to do it.
Total Posts: 169
Posted: 5 years ago
A good product to use is fentons over wintering spray, put on after a wash and polish
Total Posts: 45
I've used Fenwick's ows, I presume that's the one you're referring to jim1? I was surprised that it didn't dull down the finish on the 'van, but I went a few days ago and it still looks like new, compared to other neighbouring vans on the storage.
Total Posts: 122
I had my van commercially valeted the season before last which brought up the gel coat front and back a treat I was told to wash it every 3months with a good qualitly shampoo and dry but not to do it in hot sunlight. I found out by taking a quick look in the back of their van while my wife gave them a cuppa that they where using Autoglym Products for caravans (They would not tell me when I asked) so I used the shampoo three times last season and my van always looks like new. The end of October I shampooed and dried using a silicon car squeegee to move excess water and finished with microfibre cloths from Llidl 4 for £1. I then applied Autoglym cream polish and shined with more microfibre cloths you could see your reflection in the painted sides of the body work which according to the Ral number is Fiat White. So watch this space for results after I have hosed down come 1st March. My two step daughters have bought me one of those Karcher hand held vacuum squeegee,s for xmas so cant wait to see how it works on the van it works great on the shower cubicle at home The valet cost me over £300 for a 3hrs 20mins job by two men not cheap, may be worth it if you are selling or part exing your van.
sandgrounder if you paid £300 for that then you were robbed have a look at my website for far more reasonable rates. Its not always the products used, more the way the products are applied. I use mostly Autosmart and Meguires but thats mostly a personal preference.
Total Posts: 169
Sandgrounder, this is exactly what i do to my van, giving it a good wash and polish after each trip with the same products as you are using. i usually finish drying mine of with a leather. i dont know what the Karcher squeegee is made of but be carefull there are no metal edges
jim1 careful with that shammy leather. Much better to use a microfibre drying cloth, you will find it far easier and it should retain more water