Security

Hobby security

Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 7 years ago
Can my hobby twin axel van have a full stop excallibur? I've heard mixed answers and need to know before I buy
Posted: 7 years ago
No it can't. Twin axle hobbys cannot have chassis secure wheel locks - id recommend looking at a factory fitted alarm and pro-active tracker kit instead, more beneficial in your case
Total Posts: 88
Posted: 6 years ago
after thieves broke into a cassoa site where i used to store my van a few years ago .i can assure you theres not much will stop determined thieves .
they managed to take 10 that night all large 18 foot plus vans,the only one that defeated them had (i'm not even sure these are still made ) a device under the caravan that lowered a front facing spike into the ground .really effective even though they trashed the van trying to remove it .
Total Posts: 8
Posted: 5 years ago
My van is in secure storage, when I say secure, I mean the bloke who runs it lives there, with two massive dogs and a very severe looking barbed wire fence all round. It used to be a pik- er, used to be a traveller site so there are police-installed cameras on the entrance. I wonder why. A word to the wise. Those wheel locks that get reviewed again and again in the monthlies are useless. they can all be knocked off with a piece of scaffolding. The only real lock that works is a huge chain with a huge padlock. Of course you need to be on a secure site like mine because if the members of the caravan stealing community - I wonder who they could be - can't steal your van, they will demolish or burn it out of spite.
Total Posts: 4
Spencermay - totally agree! We have our Fendt stolen from a 'secure' Cassoa Gold site & the gang broke into the repair unit & stole the keys to a motorhome. Removed our hitchlock & two wheelclamps & towed it from the site with the Burstner Motor home whcih they had previously loaded up with all the tools from the garden maintenance unit! The trashed the interior of the motorhome looking for a tracker but the tracker was fitted to our 'van. Tracker co were brilliant - notified us within 15 mins & liaised with the police. You'd have thought it would have been simple - but the police followed the thieves who clocked them and turned down a lane & jackknifed the van & ran off! Only good thing was everything was recovered & our van was unmarked! Hmm - ready buyer for it or what!! We have now transferred to another secure site 'cos the one we were using was C**P. Cameras with to low definition & the owner hadn't heard anything & our 'van was at the bottom of his garden & they had to drive alongside his house!
Total Posts: 8
I've also noticed that on some other caravan owner websites, any mention of the travelling community will get your post deleted immediately. Political correctness means the truth is sometimes incorrect. Sometimes you get storage facilities joined onto caravan sites. Potentially not good. If the TC get turned away or evicted from a site, they might very well come back and firebomb the stored units. These are facts, even though some of our more sensitive friends might think that saying so is "waycism".