See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

Security

lockage posts?

Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 7 years ago
hi,
has anyone got or had a lockage post that sits flush to the ground when removed? any reviews would be great.
Sal
Total Posts: 270
Posted: 7 years ago
Used to have one a few years ago, just got to make sure that the anchorage points are well set in the ground, I made a set of covers for the bolt heads so they were inaccessible.
Ozzy
Total Posts: 88
Posted: 6 years ago
I have a security post fitted on my drive which actually goes down into the ground when not in use. My friend fabricated it for me. I have a ball welded to a 50mm dia Steel pole the runs up and down on a 38mm pole which is welded onto a base plate sunk into the ground. There are several holes drilled into the pole to fit a bolt or padlock through it . There is a plate welded to the bottom of the larger tube which stops when it hits the top sealing plate so it wont come out. There is the a hinged plate that covers it when not in use. This was designed and comissioned by my freind . It cost me about 50 pounds to get made and then i had to paint it. It is now 3 years old and still working well.
I do think any of these type products are well worth getting and using
Total Posts: 72
Posted: 6 years ago
Check these out
http://www.ultrasecuredirect.com/acatalog/100mm_Anti_Ram_Fully_Telescopic_Security_Post.html
I'm sure a bit of shopping around you may find a cheaper version...
Total Posts: 169
Posted: 5 years ago
i got one of the posts you described on amazon for £38. also has a ball on top so as to lock your hitch on to, which again brings down your insurance costs
Total Posts: 228
Problem is if a professional thief wants your caravan they will get it,( they have all the correct gear) it's the oppotunist thief that is often beat by anti theft devices.
Total Posts: 169
it might not stop the professional thief but it helps in the reduction of insurance costs