See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

Security

visual security

Total Posts: 169
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
i read the biggest deterrent to avoid crime was something visual i would have thought the majority of vans now have a tracker system installed, but i have never seen any signs displaying that a van is fitted with one. i found a sign maker, platinum-place.com, and found they do a transparent sticker 4'x4'. stating WARNING this caravan is protected by 24 hour tracking system monitored by the police.
it was about a year a go that i purchased 6 stickers for about £2-50. something which is cheap and well worth it as a visual deterrent.
Total Posts: 190
Sounds like a good sign to have even if you do not have alarm fitted.... As you say any deterrent is better then none at all....
My new baby
Total Posts: 51
Any form of stickers is good, have in the past had a dummy flashing light which I fitted to my car ?
hi tony, a mate gave me a small flashing light from a model aeroplane which i bluetacked to the window. only problem was the cost of replacing the battery, but any form of deterrent is worth it
My new baby
The one I had connected strait to the 12volt battery
your one sounds a bit more professional than mine tony. but as previously said by ian, any deterrent is better than nothing
My new baby
Stickers to be ordered I finks
Total Posts: 155
I agree an alarm box outside the house let's people know you have an alarm, so why when you buy a caravan with a factory fitted alarm dont they fit stickers to advertise the fact, it will probably come down to cost.
An easy way of tracking your caravan is to buy a cheap smartphone on payg and permanently wire it in we it an in carcharger,, then down load the find my phone app, set it up and you can follow it online yourself.
not as good as a tracker but a lot cheaper.
My new baby
Like that as a secondary tracker for own info
Total Posts: 3
Posted: 4 years ago
I belive the reason they don't fit Stickers telling the would be thief that there is a tracker is because although a deterrent to the casual thief the professionals will damage the van to find it and disable it.. i'm in the opinion that as a deterrent sickers are a good thing and have fitted one to our van, I have also fitted another "ebay" tracker in addition to the factory one (easyily found and disabled, which hopefully if the van is ever stolen will be recovered with the factory one ;) ) I am also in the opinion that you cannot have too much security so have wheel clamps, corner steady locks, Hitch lock, CRiS Plus,and Factory Alarm..
Total Posts: 9
Posted: 8 months ago
It is good if you have ordered for stickers. Nowadays, I recently upgraded my GPS device. Similarly, to make my journey risk free, I am also planning to buy an excellent digital backup camera from here https://www.crowsurvival.com/the-10-best-rv-backup-cameras/ with evident image visibility. Please share your suggestion with me.