Security

Alko wheel locks

Total Posts: 169
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
Very upset, spent over £200 on Alko wheel lock and now got new caravan and now found that the wheel lock has to be replaced, why are these not universal.
Total Posts: 190
A very good point, have you contacted Alko over this matter? If manufacturers do not get feedback over their products they will not change the way in which they are produced. If it were me I would call them and see if they can 'assist' in the new lock given you had to fork out £200 originally. Good lick.
Total Posts: 127
Alko don't do a universal wheel lock but other company's do
They are Purpleline Nemesis Ultra caravan high security wheel lock.
And Bulldog Max wheel clamp.
Or if you still have your Alko secure lock with the fittings you can buy just the insert from Alko for about £110 http://shop.al-ko.co.uk/
Total Posts: 18
Alko make the locks to fit each wheel they will sell you the cast part to fit your wheel separately as it's the locking pin and lock that makes up the bulk of the locks cost, the locks are universal across the range.

I got the cast part on eBay to fit mine and just used my lock pack with it....

Don't forget to de-register your lock if you sell it on to someone I bought a lock once and they hadn't de-registered the lock this meant I couldn't re-register the lock with Alko till the previous owner had done his part.

If you ever have a problem with the lock fitted to the wheel Alko can't / won't be able to help remove the lock unless the lock code has been registered with them, also never lose or keep the black card with the lock pack keep it in a safe place.

If you have a new van you will have to notify Alko the number off the Alko fitting to the axle so they can send you a key to remove the stud it's their way to get you to buy a nice new alko lock, as they will only supply this stud key if buying a new lock from them