Privileged Scheme

Privileged Members

Total Posts: 190
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Whilst I am more than happy to pay £10 for being a privileged member I am not positive the items for sale are as cheap as they could be, I still surf 'tinternet ' to compare prices and have found cheaper. The site and attraction discounts are welcomed. Whilst Leisure Shop Direct are an excellent company there is no one else to really compare with. It would be good to have another player on board.... What do other members think?
Total Posts: 102
I agree.
Total Posts: 155
I always shop around fo the best deal then approach a closer to see if they will match the price.
Total Posts: 17
I, too, will always shop around online before making a purchase - and I do not think I should need to pay a fee in order to become a customer of any supplier (it's kind of 'so if I pay you, you'll give me access to these products, which other suppliers will be only too pleased to sell to me anyway'. - why would I want to do that??). If a supplier wants my business, price (including delivery costs) and availability are the first consideration and I will usually check reviews of products and suppliers if I don't have prior knowledge of either or both.
Total Posts: 52
Tractorbob3 - We're sorry if you have mis-understood the concept of the Club privileged scheme and website. You DO NOT have to pay to have access to any of the suppliers we promote through the Club, we have worked very hard and continue to work very hard to bring suppliers together in one place to make it easier for the consumer (you) to find the right product for your needs online. All products are available to buy through the site at their recommended retail prices, as displayed by each respective supplier on their own website or store. If you upgrade your free basic membership to privileged membership for £9.99 per year you will be able to purchase products through the Club at the DISCOUNTED PRICE represented next to the small circular silver disc on each product description.

I hope this clears up any confusion.
Total Posts: 17
Thanks for your explanation and I haven't misunderstood the concept - I just didn't express my view very clearly! So, to get the 'discounted price', I need to enrol in the COC Privileged Scheme, which involves the payment of a fee to COC and I understand that this gives me access to the 'discounted price' from the supplier (which is the bit I didn't put very clearly).

As for 'bringing the suppliers together in one place', this is what t'interweb search engines were made for (and they're free!) and I use them all the time to identify potential suppliers of anything I need. It's then a simple matter to establish which one can offer the best value for money for the item or service; and as ianbax pointed out at the beginning of this thread, the best vfm may not be the 'discounted price' of the supplier in the scheme.

Hope this clarifies my position.
Total Posts: 52
This is free and the concept is to reduce the time it takes to check each individual website, search engines don't do that, they bring up a list of sites and you have to trawl through yourself.

The Club is still in it's infancy, over time our supplier base will increase and with your help we can clamp down on any supplier prices that are advertised at a higher RRP on the Club website in comparison to prices found elsewhere, making the privileged discount even more favourable.

Our aim here is to work with our members, both business and social to get you the best deals out there, minimising the time and effort it takes you (the member) to find what you want at the best possible price.
Total Posts: 155
Heres to the future and many more suppliers coming onboard, meta hope they help the club grow.
Total Posts: 4
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi all,
What happened to Towergate customers being 'privileged' members ?

Paul S.