Maintenance

The " Silly Season" is here.........

Total Posts: 28
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
OK the sun has come out and it may be affecting people unused to seeing it after such a long while but really folks let's not be stupid.
So I thought I would start a thread on silly things I have seen caravaners doing in the last 10 days, feel free to add your own sightings.
A fellow 'caravaner' towing with a space saver wheel, and at 60mph!
A caravan on the MI with the battery compartment door open, I hope the battery was still there when they arrived.
A caravan and car being washed in washing up detergent at a storage site wash facility.
Total Posts: 190
Me... fighting with the awning for the first time in over a year...
Total Posts: 18
I can sympathise with this we had a 3 week stay in Blackpool and took the full awning, it's been a year since it had been set up, it wasn't the setting up (Although out of practice) it was driving the pegs in on hard standing that took the time
Total Posts: 18
Not caravan this time but still towing. On M6

I saw a van towing an identical van on a trailer so must have been well over the 100% recommendation towing match
Total Posts: 9
Tried changing a wheel with wheel trims fastened to the wheel with zip ties and no side cutters or knife.
Moral to the story is to ensure you have a pair of side cutters or a knife in the tool box !
Total Posts: 22
Posted: 4 years ago
Following a car and caravan on the M5 north bound on the Gloucestershire side of Bristol, a woman could clearly be seen in the caravan putting saucepans on the cooker (rear kitchen) obviously preparing a meal. The unit left the motorway at Michael Wood Services so I followed them in. It turned out there were also two children in the caravan!
I told the driver it was illegal to carry passengers in the caravan, and apart from that, it was extremely dangerous for the woman to be cooking a meal on the move.

His response? "F*** off and mind your own business!"
Total Posts: 190
My mind boggles at some peoples lack of common sense!!!! I truely hope some day this idiot is spotted by the police and suffers a very large fine....
Total Posts: 122
One gent refilling a gas bottle with car gas @ a Asda petrol station with an adaptor he had bought in Spain so he said, no scales to check when bottle was 80% full (legal limit) .he just walked in carrying bottle and adaptor no form of transport. I could hear the hiss of gas as filled up could not see a cashier/attendent as I paid with credit card I just got out of there as fast as possible
Total Posts: 169
very frightening sandgrounder, cant beat that for pure stupidity, i live in a small village near channel tunnel. as i approached roundabout a foreign motorhome was parked on top of roundabout, chairs out drinking tea and chatting to the police, who i hope were moving them on and not sampling the tea
Total Posts: 1
OMG, its hard to believe any of these comments could be true, but as we all know there are just too many people out there who wouldn't think anything was wrong with doing any of these crazy things.