See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

Maintenance

The new 13 pin euro plug

Total Posts: 18
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
If you require DIY information on how to convert an older caravan to the new 13 pin euro plug, please email me and I will send you a nine page A4 attachment written by myself.

My public email address; colin-handcock@hotmail.co.uk

It may take a week as I only check this email account once a week,
kind regards,
Snowy
Sorry, nine pages of A4 is to large to post on here.
Total Posts: 122
Go on net, visit trailer spares suppliers all have free wiring diagrams for 7pin/12s + 7pin 12n plugs/ sockets with 13 pin pin/ sockets and advice how to convert. all road lights are iso standard colours etc. but you will find 3 core colour differences in caravan wiring but is easy to sort with codes in front of you and pin numbers. some of the numbers on 13 pin plug difficult to see very tiny use magnifying glass. I did my van in under 1 hr from 12s/n to 13 pin which worked correctly first time on connecting to new towing vehicle with 13 pin socket
The instructions from the site you are saying only tell you half the story, my instructions explain about the modification required to be undertaken to convert caravans built before September 1998 to be converted to the euro plug system, the site in question only tells you the pin connections and colour codes required and not anything about the said modification, they may not even know one is required.
Total Posts: 72
just buy a converter its a lot easier... eBay under a tenner :-)
if you use a converter as you say, it will not do the job on these older csaravans, ie, for a start the caravans battery will not charge from the drawing vehicle as the 13 pin plug only has one ignition controlled supply, things are not so simple fitting a 13 pin euro plug to caravans built prior to September 1998, but having said this, the modification that is required as explaned in my leaflet is very easy for any competant DIY person to do.
Total Posts: 51
I will have some of that. Will drop you an email.