Maintenance

Trim repair

Total Posts: 7
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
In response to ossyosborne heres my input mate.
this newby; only been towing since Feb. I have had great difficulty in adjusting my water pressure switch mainly due to the location of the damn item. So I purchased a new one and proceeded to relocate it. All pretty basic even for me! I carried out a leak check on all the disturbed pipes and fittings (but not good enough!!!! My problem now is the trim around the bedding locker is now water damaged, I passed the info to my local repairer but as yet he has been unable to source suitable replacement any ideas you guys Coachman Amara 520/4 2000
Total Posts: 270
Hi.. A warm welcome to the site, sorry to hear about your problem, it's amazing how far water travels when you don't want it to and probably not the best time of year to find something like this as there aren't many drying out days, not sure where you're located, maybe there's a caravan breaker/spares dealer close to you that may be able to help you out. I have dealt with a company in Castelford that deals in second hand bits for vans on the link below, they're always been very helpful and may be able to help you source the trim:-
http://caravanpartscastleford.co.uk/
If you store your van at home, are you able to put a local 'passive' heat source in there to help dry it out such as a fan heater (keep an eye on it though if it's on and don't put it too close) or maybe put in a de-humidifier if it's still damp.
.. Ozzy..
Total Posts: 7
Hi Ozzy...... Many thanks for info. Local dealer finally gave up with Coachman possibly due the van's age. However he has recently repaired another van around the bedding lockers and has offered to source the same material for me to repair the area. Yep van on front of house and have had heater on v low heat and am pleased to report a vast improvement and a dry van.
Total Posts: 270
So glad to hear that you're getting sorted, all part of the cameraderie and usefullness of the club and it's members.
Best Wishes... Ozzy..