See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

Maintenance

water pump

Total Posts: 110
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 7 years ago
My bailey is a great caravan and me and my manager ( bless her ) are very happy with it but the &^(*^%%*(&* water pump make a noise like the mother in law snoring every time you turn the tap on !
i have been told that you can put some rubber packing under the moutings has anyone done this ? and if so does it work and what did you use ?
thanks
Total Posts: 270
Sounds a bit like the chuffer in our new Bailey which is under the front seat, I think it's the same one that they used to use in the old moggy 1000s' seems to make just as much noise and a right royal pain in the jacksy to bleed the air out sometimes,,, and they cal it progress...Bah-Humbug..
I dont know about moggy 1000 i am not that old ( it is hard to type with your fingers crossed ! )
but it is a pain it sounds like there doing riverdance when you turn the tap on
Total Posts: 57
A mate has put rubber tap washers under his. They are just right to serve as mountings under the pump through which you re-fasten the screws. He reports that the pump is now a fair bit quieter.
Will have to give that a bash next year to see if it makes any difference, fanks for the tip our kid..
Ozz.
Is that just one tap washer under each bolt ? or could you use two but i think that give it to much movement
but i will see about getting some and giving it a go
Don't know if it'll work the same but when I put in an extractor above our shower the fan had to be secured to the rafters this was hellishly noisy just above your head so I used a bit of car hose, screwed that to the rafters then mounted the pump to the pipe, what a difference, so quiet you can hardly hear it... Remember folks you heard that top DIY tip from me...
Ozz...
Total Posts: 57
Just the one, the rubber is enough to absorb much of the vibration.
Thanks for the advice my new problem is the wife she wants to know why i am looking at rubber washers and bungs !!!!
Depends on the shape & thickness tho' missus....
Total Posts: 122
Posted: 6 years ago
You can buy absorbtion blocks saw some on Whale stand Cottingham show I use to use simaliar blocks when I had to work for a living. Rubber canvas compostion with thin metal plate on top under side was corrigated, had to renew holding bolts with double nuts or lock nuts. The secret was to tighten bolts just enough to stop pump or motor moving about but not hard down.