Maintenance

oven gas how to turn it on

Total Posts: 26
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Can anyone help ive just bought my first van an Elddis Crown signet 2 berth1997 model, i have connected the gas regulator and turned it on and ihave found a gas tap in the cupboard under the oven doees anyone know if there is another tap as the gas is not comming through,im a caravan virgin and need help please
Total Posts: 270
Evening Brad, on most caravans for safety, you need to keep the control knob pushed in until the gas lights or it will not flow through.
Hope this helps..Ozzy
May sound daft but have you got the cooker top/lid fully raised. The oven won't light with it down as a safety feature to stop the glass cracking from the heat
Total Posts: 56
Are you properly connected at the gas cylinder. I had a problem similar and found that where I thought I had connected the regulator it came off in my hand when I pulled at it. As has previously been said, you need to hold the oven control knob down as there may be air in the system to get clear first. you must then contiue to hold the knob down while the safety cut off thermocouple gets hot
Total Posts: 11
Posted: 5 years ago
If the van still ahs the original regulator.then that may be your problem.Gas in the bottle is a BI product of oil........."Heavy particles" sometimes remain within the gas (oil in the pipework) change the Reg.it may cure the problem.
Total Posts: 6
Posted: 5 years ago
Gnome

Love your comment, been there done that more than once!