Maintenance

powrtouch motor mover problem

Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
The problem I mam having is one of the electric motors stops working and the caravan wants tom turn one way. I have a feeling it could be the brushes, has anyone got advice on how to check or replace them.

Cheers Graham
Total Posts: 270
Howdo Graham, have you tried to operate the mover without it being locked against the wheels, try that and then if no luck, try probing the wire & terminals with a test light at both the control box end and also at the motor end that way you'll know whether there is a problem with the motor, the wiring or the control box. Just out of interest, I'm presuming that you haven't tried to operate the mover with the electric lead plugged in as it would appear that the control boxes don't like it?
Ozzy
Evening Graham. Did you manage to get the problem with tyhe mover sorted?
Total Posts: 57
Hi, this is a different problem but one that might catch someone out in the event of a tyre being underinflated. A neighbour on site had problems with his mover a few weeks ago. The problem was not with the mover though, his tyres were slightly under pressure and the rollers were turning without moving the van. Everything was sorted when the tyres were inflated correctly.
I have sorted the motor mover problem, I took the positive and negative wires of the spade connectors and the rubber covers off the motor, there are two plastic covers on each side of the motor and underneath are the brushes.

On one side if the motor the brushes where rusted and solid in the carrier, W D 40 did the trick, loosened the brushes and put back together works fine now.

Thank you
Graham
Well done Graham, glad you got it sorted & didn't have to pay delaer prices.. Ozz..
Sorry, of course that should have read 'dealer prices' Oh for an edit button..
Deart Ozzy, apologising for a typo smacks of chasing a place on the top of the leederbored.
Sorry that should read leaderboard. :)
Total Posts: 1
Posted: 5 years ago
My powertouch does the same sometimes, it is due to the spade connection coming loose, move the rubber out of the way on the motor. this allows you pull off connector and give them a bit of a pinch with plyers, then replace. If rubber deteriates call powertouch and they will replace by the following day if you are still in your warrenty period.
Total Posts: 39
Posted: 5 years ago
Powrtouch have a very good reputation for sending out replacement parts even after the warranty has expired