Members:

See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

Maintenance

Thetford electric flush

Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 7 years ago
Electric flush on my Thetford C250 toilet has just stopped working. Has this happened to anybodys? If so can you please tell me if you found the fault. Thanks
Mine has just packed up as well! My problem is that the flush pump has split, I have sourced a Thetford pump off e-bay (genuine part) at about £15 cheaper than through a dealer. Whilst it is awkward to replace a DIY person should have no problem -- if you go onto Thetford website their are instruction manuals which give you step by step guide. Hope this helps
Could be the fuse which went on ours, situated behind the cassette reached from outside. 3 amp from memory
Reported
Previous comment about the fuse is the most likely reason for the failure
The same happend to me was the fuse
Total Posts: 2
Probably is the fuse but suggest you replace it and not just clean terminals even if it looks ok as they corrode inside and can "make & break" also check any terminal connections that are exposed as they too can corrode.
Total Posts: 270
Evening Gary, as per previous posts, I too had problems with the fuse in the Thetford casette compartment, off the top of my head it was a 3amp flat blade fuse, didn't have a clue why it went but OK when replaced.
Reported
this also happened to me.fuse blew once --replaced it everything worked ok. left the van for a week when i went back no flush --checked fuse ok .the answer was the push button.. It sits in the tank protected by a rubber cup. unfortunately the cup had become loose allowing the switch to get wet when filling etc. replaced the switch @£22. everything is now fine. Access to the switch is on the front of the tank above the seat,remove carefully the plastic cover is stuck with "like gunk"
Total Posts: 39
Interesting to read these comment as my pump has packed up too. I beleive mine is the old ' C2 ' so I'll be checking the pump etc this weekend as next weekend I'm taking the kids away and one thing I definately need working is the loo.

Regards ~Steve~
Ours stopped flushing but you could hear the pump trying, it was full of pink too; 2 days after purchase; luckily a friend had called to see our new van. He sorted it straight away. He lifted the panel (where you press for flush) up carefully with a sharp knife end and put it back into it's holder. Apparently if you press a bit too hard that's what it does.
Also he told us never to travel with it full of pink as it splashes up and when contacts get wet it does not work & you have to take panel off and dry it.
So now if we have pink stuff left when we wish to travel, it goes into a ex-water bottle and then gets put back in on arrival at new site.
Also I have discovered if you keep your newly purchased bottle of pink in the hut over winter, if it freezes it separates, then it comes out of your flush in toilet with little pink bits all over.
Now I always mix pink with water in my ex water 5lt. container before putting into top fill for lue flushing.
Thanks for all your comments. The loo is still under warranty so spoke to Thetford who sent me a new switch. Replaced switch but no different. I checked the fuse which appears to be OK. However I checked the cables within the cassette housing were all connected and after touching those at the fuse the flush pump started to work. Therfore I assume wires may be loose. Van is going in for warranty work so I hope the dealer can fix.
Total Posts: 110
mine works but we cant get the bloody red light to go out even if we take the line fuse out ! which i dont understand as i thought that would stop the whole thing working
but as it keeps working just what does the line fuse do ??
Total Posts: 11
Posted: 6 years ago
Teecee.the "Bloody red light" is a warning light that just tells you the cassette ifs near full. Its operated by the 2 AA batterys within the cassette door.If you have a problem and want the "Bloody red light" to go out.remove the batteries..........But personally I would get someone to look at it.......DONT want the casstte overflowing..yeuck