See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

Maintenance

thetford C-250CWE FAULT

Total Posts: 3
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
Away for weekend andcafter setging up off we went cycling, on our return we noticed that the waste bowl was full( thanfully I didn't fill the flush tank completely), anywsy we allowed this into the waste tank and refilled the flush tank and after trying once more the flush runs constantly until empty. I repeated yet again after this and all seemed ok, however on our return it had emptied the flush tank again. Any ideas to solve please.
Total Posts: 228
Hi obviously the pump is getting a supply voltage to run it to empty the flush tank into the toilet bowl, there are several posibilities for this, there is a fault in the wiring somewhere, the plastic membrane that you press to get it to flush could be faulty, to find out the problem put some water in the flush tank then gently prise out the membrane from the top of the toilet (its only stuck in and can easily be put back) disconnect it (it's only a pull apart plug) then leave it for as long as possible with the mains switch on the panel switched on (as if you were occupying the caravan) if the toilet does not empty into the bowl the membrane is at fault, if it does the wiring is at fault.
Thanks for that will check when home later, and apologies for my spelling lol.
@rcpilot, well having had a quick look and after reading few posts in various locations i checked the 3amp fuse and and reed switch, fuse was well corroded so replaced and at the moment everything seems ok. I will endeavour though to keep a good eye on it for the future and your comment as been logged in my memory, so thank you.