Maintenance

window scratches

Total Posts: 169
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 4 years ago
i have read many remedies in dealing with scratches on caravan windows, and have been reading that brasso does the trick. any feedback on this would be appreciated
Total Posts: 127
Hi I would not recommend Brasso or any solvent based cutting compounds as the solvent can attack the polycarbonate or acrylic plastic windows. I would recommend Fenwick's windowize or similar fine cutting compounds which is solvent free.
Total Posts: 25
I will second what bigchris63 says about Brasso but would not bother with the Fenwicks stuff, its rubbish at getting scratches out, a good cleaner yes but you will be there all day removing scratches
Total Posts: 228
Cerium oxide is the way to go, it's a glass polishing compound that you mix with water, I hit a bush with my caravan and it put some scratches in the kitchen window used the cerium oxide and it took them out also took out the scratches from previous so called glass cleaning agents but requires a lot of elbow grease, an electric polisher is helpful the polishing type NOT the grinding type. Cerium oxide can be obtained from that well known auction site at a reasonable cost.
Total Posts: 25
I always understood that Cerium oxide was for Glass only.
Total Posts: 228
no can be used on caravan windows got the scratches out of mine with no problems