Maintenance

Elddis window problems

Total Posts: 2
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
We have recently noticed the windows on our Elddis caravan have been leaking and letting a lot of water in. We were advised that we should contact the Elddis owners club but can not find the relevant contacts. Can anyone advise who can help or someone who may be able to replace/repair the windows?
Total Posts: 45
I assume you've been here? http://www.elddis.co.uk/help-support/owners-club there are handbooks to download, not sure which model you want.

They have a forum too, which may be a source of help??
Total Posts: 228
You don't say how they are leaking, if the water is getting in between the window and the seal have a look at the catches that are screwed on the on the window frames, if they are the same as mine (depends how old the caravan is) they have an "A" side and a "B" side the manufacturers usually fit them "A" side turn them round to the "B"side and the windows will pull tighter to the seals, if the seals are worn or damaged then new seals are required obtainable from "o'learys motor homes who have an online shop", easily done as they are normally stapled in provided the frames beneath are sound using a staple gun bought from a diy store.
Total Posts: 2
Thanks RedMick & rcpilot for your replies. My post was kindly written up by the the C O C guys at the NEC after I had discussed my problem with them (and had left their stand) and I think things have got slightly lost in translation.
My van is a 2004 Elddis Avante 534 which I have had for 4 years and although my problem does relate to two windows, the windows themselves are leaking internally ie they are filling up with water. Each of them has delaminated (if that's the appropriate word) and I have had to drill a very small hole at the bottom of each of them to let the water out. One of the windows and the seal was replaced before I bought the van which I hadn't noticed at the time. The window frame catch on one side has been reattached an inch or so to high resulting in the window catch locking onto a part of the frame catch in such a way that the window is being pulled to tight against the rubber. This may explain why that window has delaminated. The other window is the original and the catches are correctly positioned.
My questions are:- 1. Can they be re-sealed and if so what type or adhesive do I need? and 2. If repair is not possible, what is the best way of obtaining replacements?
I know about the Elddis owners club. I was actually looking for the club stand at the NEC as I had been told (incorrectly) by the people at the Elddis stand that they were at the show. They weren't.
My van is permanently sited in Pembrokeshire - I stopped towing a few years ago. I live 200 miles away so it's going to be the end of next March before I can do anything about this problem. I have a Protec cover on the van so it's very unlikely that there will be any water ingress over the winter.
Any advice will be much appreciated.
The windows in caravans are made of acrylic, a friend of mine had the exact same problem and he got some acrylic adhesive and resealed the delaminated one i don't think he has had any more problems with it.
If you were to go down the route of replacement window then there are several ways :- ebay but beware you must select make model and year and stipulate which window you need to get the correct window and make sure they are in perfect condition.
second is a caravan breakers either one in your area or online, again make sure you get what you ask for.
A word of warning the acrylic cement that you can use to repair the acrylic windows in caravans and the like has to be used with caution, DO NOT apply too much as it actually melts the acrylic and welds it together.
If you apply too much you can melt the edges of your windows.
Total Posts: 22
Posted: 4 years ago
Some of the cheaper acrylic adhesives can cause the acrylic to crack and craze, which can make your leak problems even worse.
Total Posts: 1
Posted: 4 years ago
I recently had this problem with an oddessy 534 wich we purchased new, it was pointed out to me that all the front windows had blown (warped) due to hot weather and had let water in damaging the woodwork below. The only option to repair was new windows, seals and bulkhead. My other option was to get rid this van had been a constant problem since new even cracking side panels next to window corners, sorry to say it was a bad buy. Good luck with yours