Insurance

Insurance Company Experiences

Total Posts: 270
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
So here I sat and thought, "as a follow on from my last insurance thread about insurance, wouldn't it be a good opportunity for members to share the experiences they've had with insurance companies in the event of a claim", this way it may help us all to make a better informed choice as to who to use for renewals...
So, here goes,, have any members had experience with insurance companies good or bad, who were those companies, what was the reason for your claim, did it get resolved satisfactorily, if there was a helpdesk, were they 'helpfull'?
Ozzy
Total Posts: 190
Posted: 5 years ago
Refer to my post

http://www.caravanownersclub.co.uk/Forum/All/Insurance/10886891/Accident-Damage

I cannot praise Leisure Group and Quadra Claims enough - fantastic service and would highly recommend.
Total Posts: 155
Unfortunately when our van was 1 day old an american in a hire car caught the rear offside.
If the claim had not involved a foreign driver the claim would have been settled by now.
It was finally sent to the court at the begining of July and the other party has not responded to the court my legal service has requested a decision in my favour.
Hopefully my claim will soon be finalised after nearly 14 months.
So not all claims are easy.
That's not good news! - 14 months is a long time, I had a similar experience about 30 years ago when a French lorry hit my car, that took nearly a year to settle and as I was young I only had Third Party, Fire and Theft cover.

Could you not have claimed on your own insurance? I did with my caravan and my insurers will recover losses from the 3td party insurers. No increase in premiums also. Let me know when settled and I wish you every success with your claim.
Total Posts: 102
There seems to be a huge variety of cover for caravans and motorhomes between companies. For example, we have a caravan we use in the UK and one we store in Spain. We had to trawl the internet to get cover for the van stored in Spain even though it is an extremely secure site with 24 hour staffing.
You would think being a secure site UK companies would insure without too much problem. Would it be worthwhile getting a quote with a company in Span?
Total Posts: 15
Yes we are a bit confused but we just put a claim in and advised be our insurers that as the caravan was being towed ee had to use the car insurer. Why bother insuring a van seperate if that's the case. Long story short the car insurance people are lousy I got a call saying we had not registered a claim when we had and we were dealing with another of their assistants so im confused .com
Christine
Total Posts: 6
Posted: 4 days ago
Yup! My first experience where I got insurance for single vehicle insurance from a local company wasn't enough good, but later, on the suggestion of my childhood friend, I tried multicar insurance. Yes, it was very reliable with reasonable price. I took the coverage plan from Churchill Multicar Insurance and got coverage for 4 vehicles, including a caravan on discounted price. Here https://www.comparefleetinsurance.co.uk/churchill-multi-car-insurance-review/, you can also read the complete review of Churchill. Maybe in future, you guys would like to get insurance from here.

On the other hand, I also found life insurance coverage plans of a local insurer very reliable. It was also a pleasant experience.