Insurance

Where to find the best deal on insurance

Total Posts: 270
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi all. As a follow on post from the thread started by the very nice folks from the COC, just wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a decent insurance with good cover and at a reasonable price. When I was looking for mine last year I even tried comparison sites but didn't really have much success so had to visit various sites and keep continuously putting in the details which was rather annoying.
Total Posts: 57
Hi Ozzy, Baker's of Cheltenham is a good broker but personally I use the Caravan Club, only a few £s more and far less restrictive on where the van is left. Having said that we usually leave our van in 1 location and take it off site rarely so this may not be important for you.
Total Posts: 155
Hi Ozzy, I eventually went with the camping and caravan club they were over 150 cheaper than the caravan club and at least 50 cheaper than most other.
I also saved by cutting down the amount of days for touring abroad it made a big difference.
Total Posts: 88
I have been with Cover4Caravans ( Alan Blundell ) for 3 years now and they can always offer the best deal . Last year i bought a new caravan and was contacted by the recommended insurance companies who all said i get extra discounts and benefits because i had bought a new van but none of them could beat Cover4Caravans give them a try
Total Posts: 122
Hi one and all try www.simplecaravaninsurance.co.uk (0844 557 4738 )
Quote PRACCA 4 for 10% off MAY 2013 Practical Caravan Magazine.
Total Posts: 127
I have been using a caravan insurance company named Total Shield insurance which sister company is Crusader insurance both you can remove the cost of continental use new for old for caravans under years.
Total Posts: 72
I was given this site and have now got my caravan insurance with them..
http://2getherinsurance.co.uk/ give them a call.
Total Posts: 190
I use Lifesure Group 01480 402460. Staff were very helpful and gave good discounts based on the security the van has when compared to other providers.
Total Posts: 3
I too use Lifesure, best value for money and friendly staff. If you take the monthly payment option it is a little bit more expensive and you then pay a firm called Premium Credit.
Total Posts: 169
I have tried several caravan insurance companies, but have found simple caravan insurance companies the cheapest. Get a quote!
Total Posts: 190
Having had our van written off in an accident (Not at fault) I must praise my insurance with Lifesure Group. They were quick to act with a claims manager appointed immediately (Quadra) who have been nothing but professional throughout. Loss adjusters were with us within days. Looking to get paid out in excess of £19k within a month of the accident. Cannot be faulted....
Total Posts: 4
Tried to get comparison quotes via Caravan Owners Club insurance but only 1 company was prepared to quote as I live in Northern Ireland. A bit ironic as there is much more caravan theft in Great Britain. However, it is their loss.
Total Posts: 6
Hi Ozzy. We insure with the Camping & Caravanning Club. We did a lot of shopping round on price and features before we decided to use them and are delighted with our decision. About 17 months ago, whilst our van was being looked over by a local company for a few minor faults repairing, it was noted that our Elddis Super Scirroco appeared to be slightly twisted. On deeper inspection, Peter Roberts, our local Approved Workshop owner, advised us that it was a lot worse than he feared and, were it his caravan, he wouldn't want to tow it with such a dangerous fault. He liased with The Caravan & Camping Club assessor and he agreed they would write off the van. In a matter of weeks, we had the money in our bank and all without any fuss. We have just renewed with them again and now have our home covered with them, too. It is worth noting, however, that our insurance is for the price we paid for the van, guaranteed and not new for old. Had our van been on a new for old basis, it would have been repaired and we would have been without it for most of the year.
Total Posts: 22
Reported
We are insured by E&L Insurance. By far the cheapest we managed to find. We don't know what their claims handling is like as we haven't needed to claim, but the do seem to have a good reputation.

http://www.eandl.co.uk/caravan/caravan-insurance
Total Posts: 27
Just had a Brillient quote from The Caravan Club best and cheapest one we have found as our Caravan is due for renewal early in November usually they were way out of our price range but they are giving so many discounts at the moment that will think of going with them
Total Posts: 169
Posted: 4 years ago
i tried going through the caravan owners club site and got a good quote for £161, but was unable to get them to recognise my cossoa site. sent an e-mail as requested but got no reply. went to simple caravan insurance and got new insurance quote of £147. reeeesult
Well it's the time to renew my caravan insurance for the 3rd of March. This I have unable to get a quote from two insurance companies one company would not insure me as my caravan new for old value was over £18000 and they would only cover me if a insurance approved tracker fitted even though the caravan is stored at a gold Cassoa compound. And the Caravan Club can not quote me as there insurance rates change on the 1st of March they can give a price up until the 28th of Feb but that price may change for my renewal date.
It looks like I am staying with my insurance company.
Caravan insurance all sorted thanks to Caravansure and the insurance link on the caravan owners club site. I saved over £30 against my renewal. I would like to say a big thank you to Margaret and Jane at Frank Pickles ( Caravansure ) for being very helpful and answering any questions we asked.
Total Posts: 1
Posted: 3 months ago
That is a big question these days especially after the entrance of too many caravan insurance types. Are you looking for static or touring caravan insurance? However, if you want to compare static caravan insurance then https://www.comparestaticcaravaninsurance.co.uk/ would help you.