Insurance

car insurance

Total Posts: 80
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 4 years ago
Hi all, I was wondering if I needed to change my car insurance for towing a caravan or does this get covered in the caravan insurance? advice please
Total Posts: 127
Hi Wayne
No you don't need to change your car insurance to tow a caravan or trailer. But you should inform the insurance of any modifications to car ie towbar and what you intend to tow this should not cost any more to your premium. But if don't declare the towbar the insurance company can void your insurance if you have a claim. Also caravan or trailer is covered by your car insurance third party only whilst it is being towed.
ok Chris thanks for the update ill inform them shortly
Some insurance companies don't bother but its better to inform them to cover your self. I had someone run it my car in January and the first thing the insurance company asked was any none standard modifications including a towbar side steps etc. Plus I was told I could not tow until the towbar as been checked by the repair centre.
well informed the insurance today so all now documented no extra cost happy days
I am glad you have sorted your insurance out it's better inform them of any modifications or changes of use as if an insurance company can get out of paying they will.