Insurance

Accident Damage

Total Posts: 190
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
We have been unfortunate enough to have a woman collide into the side of our brand new Bailey Unicorn Barcelona 2 and it's looking like a write off due to a bent chassis.

If it was a car I would be given a courtesy car for the duration of repair.... As it’s a caravan I get NOTHING....

Even if Bailey can repair it which will mean a brand new side it can take up to 3 months before it’s returned....And they could not take it in until August.

We pay good money for our insurance and get little for it in my opinion.

Would it not be a good idea for caravan insurance companies to provide a replacement van as they do for cars, surely there must be a dealer out there somewhere who could make money providing such a service which would in turn be covered by the insurance????

OUR SUMMER ENDED YESTERDAY....

Your thoughts????
Total Posts: 1
if the woman had comprehensive insurance and you claimed against it then i would have thought they should pay out, but you may have to pay up front for a hire caravan until the claim is settled.
Having just had a meeting with the loss adjuster they confirm there is no 'replacement caravan' the insurance covers the van only, they would however be able to claim against any future holiday bookings which had been paid up front or as a deposit. In our instance this is not the case as we have a season pitch at present.... Not a shilling....

Grief, inconvenience etc etc is not considered. As we have the pleasure of using our van a minimum of 3 nights per week 52 weeks of the year, like I said my summer as ended....

Looks like a total loss and await payment, having spoken to a Baily dealer there is a build wait of about 3 months.

Will now start phoning around to see if there are any unsold brand new ones on the forecourts of dealers, more hassle and inconvenience....
Total Posts: 127
Hi I am sorry to hear about your loss. Have you tried looking on the caravan finder web site as the are dealers showing new Bailey Unicorn Barcelona 2 in stock.
I hope you get sort out ASAP

Chris
Total Posts: 228
Yep sad state of affairs, you pay a lot for your van a lot for your insurance and when some thing like this happens you are left high and dry until the other insurance company decides to pay out.
I don't think you will find any company providing a replacement van until the case is resolved for the simple reason that 1:- would you accept a grotty old caravan as a replacement for your hols, 2:- think of the cost of a new van for the sole purpose as a replacement loan, how often would you think it would be used (if was available nationally think of the cost of transportation), depreciating all the time and eventually becoming worthless and making a loss for the company involved, not a very good business venture.
Would you not accept another makers caravan instead of a Bailey?
We insured via Lifesure Group and our claim is being handled by Quadra Claims, they are very professional and I have not a bad word to say about them, hoping to be paid out before 2nd August which is the date the new Baily Barcelona 2 van is ready for collection.... I will let ye all know if all of my previous moaning was worth it - Lol
Paid out today.... 30 days from the date of accident.... Exceptional service.... Collect new van today.... Looks like rain!
Total Posts: 127
Great news you have got everything sorted out so quick.
Chris