General

Dog friendly sites

Total Posts: 1
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
I have just read the article about dog friendly sites. We have been taking our dogs on holiday for many years. As stated in the article it does them good to get away and sniff different smells. But this article begs the question, why do sites charge for dogs? £1 sometimes £2 per night per dog are charged, why? It is not that the dogs use the shower block or any other of the facilities on site. We tend to avoid sites that charge for dogs as it seems to be no more than a money spinner for the site owner.
Total Posts: 228
I myself do not have a dog but I don't mind people bringing theirs onto the site should they wish to do so, but they must abide by the rules and regs of the site ie if it should be on a leash at all times then so be it and the owners must clean up after them. I know that a great majority of owners do just that but there are some who just don't care. The charge might be because the sites provide a dog walking area if not then the dogs cannot walk cross legged off the site before they do their business also you cannot tape their jaws together to stop them barking, maybe that is why there is a charge I don't know.
You state and I quote "our dogs" plural, lets say you did not have a dog or dogs and someone pitched next to you opened the door and say 6 dogs came out unlikely but probable what would you do? that might be another reason for the charge. PS I am not anti dogs we have had 2 in the past and up till recently my stepson brought his little terrier with him when he went away with us sadly it's gone to the big kennel in the sky, suffered from a brain tumour.
Total Posts: 102
It does seem that more and more sites are charging for dogs. I think its just another moneyspinner. We too avoid sites that charge and simply go elsewhere. Same with sites that charge extra for awnings.
Total Posts: 155
A good dog friendly site is hidden valley in devon a best of british site fits go free.
My new baby
Total Posts: 51
Posted: 5 years ago
Extra payment for dogs scandless most do not have dog bins so why charge, not as destructive as children either
Total Posts: 169
Posted: 5 years ago
i have never had problems taking my dog to any site, but what is the charge on some sites actually for. we just returned from a site in france, we had to pay £30 for the dog to travel on the ship, even though it had to be shut in the car for the journey. then when we got to our site we had to pay £30 for the dog. absolutely extortionate considering a dog does not use any of the amenities.