See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

Carpet

Total Posts: 26
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi any one replaced a carpet? any tips ideas on price?
Total Posts: 314
hi, look on e-bay or our local carpet shop will cut to shape & edge any carpet, cost of edging was £1 per foot when i had mine done. ask at your local carpet shop.
Total Posts: 51
I cut the old one out and used it as a template. Stuck it back down with double sided tape. Looked great. Quick way to make the van look fresh. I didn't get the edges stitched up as they were not going to come out.
Total Posts: 228
Verified
I don't know about other makes and ages of caravans but a lot come now with loose fit carpets, prior to that the carpets were put on the floors before the units were installed thus trapping the carpets underneath them so the only way to get them out was to cut them and as surfreak said use the old ones as a template, there are many carpet stores that sell roll ends at a much reduced price just get the piece that will work for your size of carpets.
Get them bound if you want to take them up, as a lot of carpets these days fray if just simply cut, fix them down using spray glue at the edges (if you intend to keep them down for a while) or velcro tabs here and there.
Total Posts: 26
Cheers looke like im on my knees for bank hol
Total Posts: 169
Any carpet fitter will fit carpet caravans easily with minimal cost
Total Posts: 314
some do require an edge putting on or they fray.
Total Posts: 102
I bought a felt backed carpet and cut it to size using the old one as a template. The felt back stops it fraying. Much cheaper than having a carpet fitter do it I think.
Total Posts: 155
I bought runner type rugs from Dunelm mills at reasonable prices.