can any one help i have bailey california with 185 R /14 tyres on, bailey's
handbook say's 55psi but tyre looks flat, have cheked tyre for puncture/ ok
and its NOT on the same side as the fridge and cooker, any one with any
surgestions .

many thanks senator
Total Posts: 127
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi you don't say our old the tyres are as the walls of the tyres are weakening the way to tell the age of the tyre there will be a 4 digit code on the wall of the tyre IE 1012 which means week 10 and year 2012 the tyres should be no older than 7 year but it is recommended to change them at 5 years. Or it could be the tyre as gone out of shape from not rotating the wheels on the caravan regular whilst not in use this can cause flat spots in the tyre if you don't rotate the wheels
Total Posts: 2
Hi again,
the tyres are 3 years old, tyres are turned once a month when not in use,
normally out every other week. the tyres are traillermax if that makes any
differance.
Total Posts: 28
What about checking your pressure gauge, you might be surprised. I had one (brand new) that was 10 psi out, in my case it was high, but quality control ain't what it used to be, See other posts on that subject.
Talking about tyre care how many of you cover your tyres to stop the suns rays bleaching out the sidewall rubber when you are on site or storing?
I always cover them from the sun when away but also take the wheels off in winter and brush olive on them then store them inflated in the garage.
Total Posts: 51
I have wondered about winter wheels. The plates used instead of wheels, but my insurance says I have got to have a wheel clamp fitted. Which I couldn't do with the plates.wouner where I would stand if it got nicked?
Total Posts: 102
Our campervan's recommended tyre pressure is 60psi and still they look flat. It must be just the profile.
Total Posts: 2
Hello,
I have my tyres inflated 10% over the recommended pressure and inflated with nitrogen instead of air. Nitrogen is inert gas and the tyres are not prone to pressure changes due to outside conditions ie. heat or cold. For over eight years I use nitrogen in my car tyres and will never go back to air again. Two years ago did the same with caravan tyres, went on a long summer holiday to Croatia (air temperatures all the time around 40 degrees C, God knows what was the tarmac temperature) no change of the pressure in my tyres.
When not in use caravan wheels are of and in shed. To stop the caravan being taken away I have secured a metal bar with a 4X4 spare wheel safety nut, so it could not be undone without a coded wheel nut remover. I have informed my insurance about it and they have accepted it.
Hopefully this experience would be of some help.
Total Posts: 8
Boyles law (pressure of a gas rises in proportion to absolute temperature if the volume is fixed) applies to Nitrogen as much as to air. However pure Nitrogen does seem have less pressure fluctuation in a tyre than air, probably because it is dry, whereas compressed air often contains moisture. Read http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/repair-questions/4302788 for more explanation.
Total Posts: 8
Posted: 4 years ago
If it's any help, I have a Mitsubishi Outlander and my tyres look flat, in fact it's just the profile. They are Goodyear Wranglers and they are very wide!