See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

STABILISER

Total Posts: 26
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Me again, very new to this game , had my first ' snake' on sat scarred crap out of me
SHould i be looking to fit a stabilser? my vans 15 yrse old so any help would be appreciated
Total Posts: 127
Hi the easy option is to fit a Aklo stabiliser as you would just need to swap the caravan hitch. Or you can use the old style blade stabiliser which you need to drill in the A-frame of the caravan and if you swan neck towbar you will need an
adaptor for the towbar. My personal choice is the alko stabilliser. Also I would recommend you should check how you load the the caravan IE the nose weight and heavy items low down as possible and over the axle and your tyre pressure on the tow vehicle and the caravan.
Thanks looking into this
Total Posts: 28
If you already have an Alko hitch might be worth getting the friction pads changed.
Next go on a Club towing course you will learn a lot especially how the caravan can drive the car on downhill slopes was your snake whilst going downhill?
actually yes a very slight incline on m5
Back again, I have purchased a blade type stabiliser from ebay all the parts are there any one any tips on how to fit one the best way???