See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

bad experience

Total Posts: 3
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
bought a brand new caravan £31000 great caravan bad site. Suppose to be 11mths season it is actually 8mths .Should be 1march to 31jan actually closes 27oct.New part off site no lighting .Refuse food twice in complex .Complex only open Friday Sat Sun .Gym swimming pool closed pool leaking .Shower broke 5 days to fix.many more problems .Want site to buy my van back because off problems £12.500 offered then with drawn .Manager on long term sick leave .Entertainer now left.Wath can i do
Total Posts: 190
I would seek advise from a solicitor or go to your local CAB office, the CAB would advice for free.
Total Posts: 51
That sucks. Its a shame but all I ever here about static sites it that people are getting ripped off. Can you have it moved to another site?
Total Posts: 228
As surffreak says what bad luck, seek advice, in my opinion the site is left wanting, so you might, if you want, be able to get your van moved to another site but will probably cost you.
Total Posts: 190
I would still suggest taking advice. I am also taking legal advise in respect of a caravan. Try www.adviceguide.org.uk or telephone 08454 04 05 06.

Once you have made a contract both you and the other person must stick to the terms and conditions, including the terms implied by law.

If either of you fail to stick to the terms, this is called a breach of contract and the other person can take action. If one of you breaks an important term, the other person can normally end the contract and may also be able to claim compensation. If the term broken is less important, the other person may be able to claim compensation but can't end the contract. As a last resort, either person can go to court to claim compensation. This would be a civil court, not a criminal court.

Wishing you luck....