See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

caravan and car polishing

Total Posts: 228
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't know if any caravans have black trim like cars but if after polishing them I found , polishing my car, the polish left white marks on the black trim, I tried everything to remove it , soap and water , solvent (different types) back to black polish none seemed to do the trick except for one item, does the job great, its those magic erasers that you can buy in supermarkets in the cleaning dept, just wet it rub the mark then wipe with clean cloth , gone.One drawback they soon deteriate so a good supply is needed.
Total Posts: 25
Pencil eraser works too
never tried that next time I get any white marks will have a go
Total Posts: 72
our local pound shop had these magic erasers/sponges and the wife uses them all over the place they are really good...
Total Posts: 51
That's a handy tip. Always found that problem.
Total Posts: 25
Please don't use magic sponges on your paintwork as suggested by rcpilot. They are more abrasive than you realise and the packaging on most will state not for use on car paintwork
EH!!!!!!! If you read my post I did NOT say use it on the paintwork, I said to use them on the black trim
Total Posts: 155
Posted: 5 years ago
Try either of these, back to black works well as does black shoe polish.
Total Posts: 4
Posted: 5 years ago
Have you tried waterless wash, for car and van, 3.99 wilkinsons. Does a brilliant job, and for mud and polish marks on plastic, use baby wipes, also use them on interior dash and plastic.