See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

Satellite reception spain

Total Posts: 28
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Well I am lucky enough to be in Tarragona Spain but it would now appear that the Astra satellite has changed its footprint and us brits can no longer get sky without a 1m dia dish I have the 60cm and although I can find the satellite I can not pull in a signal. I have checked out the web site satellite for caravaners and it just seems astra have new bits floating in the sky. I posted this just for info if anyone is intending to travel to the costas.
ah well back to the wine
Total Posts: 28
not really boring good international company on site. sun is out and i got wood bits under the foot pads on the van!
Total Posts: 102
We have always hired a 1.5m dish when we have stayed in Spain during the winter but this is only practical if you are staying on one site for more than a month. Don't know what we'll do in future as I understand the footprint is set to get even smaller. Perhaps sites will make arrangements for UK TV reception via computer??? I am sure they will find a way because of the high number of UK caravanners staying in the winter months.
Total Posts: 110
Posted: 5 years ago
where do you hire these1.5m dishes ? as we are thinking of going to spain next winter
Total Posts: 228
Posted: 5 years ago
I think the astra range of satellites are due to be replaced if not already done so, the footprints are different than what was before if your receiver cannot tune into them then it's a new receiver, I would hazzard a guess and say that the UK footprint is small so that european countries cannot get UK programs, and all that will be available on the continent will be programs tailored to that particular country. I cannot see the likes of sky etc being bothered in providing UK programs for caravaner's. If you actually want UK programs then as other posters have said you will need a big dish to pull in very weak signals not worth the bother. I was up in Scotland and we used a mobile wifi to get internet on our tablets but even that was patchy, why? we were told the service providers would not install masts for one man and his dog probably the same goes for tv reception abroad.