General

LPG Gas Certificate

Total Posts: 2
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
can you please advise who i can contact to seek advise
I am on a static caravan site which i have been on coming up 40 years
the site has been owned by Tingdene for the past 8 years
all owners were asked to have a gas and electric tests on their caravans and produce certificates
they are now telling owners a gas safety certificate has to be produced every year
owners of caravans do not sublet and some may only use their caravan twice a year
where may i seek advise as to whether it is legal to require caravan owners to produce this yearly certificate at a cost of approx £45
as far as i am aware gas certificates on caravan sites are only required for caravans which are sublet for payment
please advise
Ray Vincent
Total Posts: 28
Just a thought how about contacting Calor or the maker of your static?
Total Posts: 2
caravan manufacturers wont give advise on this and
Calor no reply
Total Posts: 28
Try NACO web site there is some info on there you may find handy.
Im off to spain in the morning, good luck
Total Posts: 102
We have a static caravan in our garden and get an annual gas service and check for safety reasons even though we don't rent it out. £45 a year seems a small price to pay to make sure it is safe.
Total Posts: 22
Less than a quid a week looks like a bargain to me compared to the possibility of an unexpected flying lesson...
Total Posts: 155
Even if you only use your van for only a few times an annual safety check ensures that it is safe.
As static caravana are connected to gas bottles via flexible Pipes which are exposed to the elements they can deteriorate quicker than those on a tourer.
Safety is foremost.