General

In France part 2??

Total Posts: 314
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
As before, 1st time this summer & may not need it but does a TV with built in freeview work in France? if so what doyou get??
Total Posts: 67
Nowt. You might just about get a picture in Calais. You need a dish and a freesat box. If you are a subscriber to Sky you can take your Sky box, but don't tell them, they get all funny.

60 cm dish is fine for northern France and you might do OK further down, but they are changing the footprint for freesat. Down on the med you need a bigger dish. I'm lugging down a 120 this summer.

One other option is the free-to-view satellite channels which are not the same as the freesat channels and you get all sorts of French and German channels as well.

Set up can be dead easy or it can be a pig. It depends, but the better the weather the easier it is. Just sod's law. Get a decent satellite detector that will steer you to the right satellite. Talk to RoadPro as they (a) know their stuff and (b) won't just try and flog you any old piece of junk just to part you from your money.

Hope that helps.
thanks again. don't think will need it any way so may not take it at all.
Actually, with the unmitigated rubbish that's on TV most of the time, I do wonder why I bother. But I probably will.

Last year I left the dish behind (Doh!) and we didn't miss it at all. What we did take was a load of DVDs for those afternoons when we wanted something to snooze in front of.
DVD's was my thinking to, there are loads in charity shops that we haven't seen.
A man after my own heart. Charity shops, car boots, secondhand DVD shops, and - although it is probably illegal - I do know of people who form small DVD sharing clubs.
Total Posts: 169
Posted: 4 years ago
we came back from normandy and got an excellent reception on digital tv, only problem they were french speaking stations
we came back from normandy and got an excellent reception on digital tv, only problem they were french speaking stations
Total Posts: 155
We are not in the van enough to bother with tv while We are abroad.
Usually the weather is good enough to sit outside until the sun goes down just like the vino.
must agree the weather this year was exceptional, and nothing better than a glass of wine after the bbq. but we usually have a music channel on the tv, which we were unable to get, because the radio was not much better so enjoyed listening to my cd collection