General

instant Awnings

Total Posts: 122
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi Folks read post on instant awnings. Which got me thinking, back in the early 90,s 91 or 92 I was working in Switzerland at a place called Valls up in the mountains at a water bottling factory. working on a Jargenberg labelling machine. just up the road was a caravan/camp site and I could see out of work shop window a guy puting up a awning close to the factory He fed awning through the rail and pulled it out away from the van, then connected a electric air pump to awning and switched on the pump blew up ribs in the awning front middle back and along the bottom. so the awing self erected so to speak he then secured the awning around the bottom with the rubbers and pegs like normal awning the only fibre poles I could see where two he inserted through loops on outside front and back ground to pocket over awning rail finished awning looked like one of those quadrant type I have never seen a blow up one like it since and did not get chance to get a closer look or talk to the guy, Has anybody seen anything similar. I have seen industrial ones were a compressor is blowing air in continuously to keep half circular shaped tunnel erect often used as temporay warehousing.
Total Posts: 314
www.aireshelta.co.uk/caravan-awning/
Total Posts: 314
www.aireshelta.co.uk/caravan-awning
Total Posts: 122
I will look see thanks funny none of caravan mags have not done article on same I can go back in Prac Caravan to 2000/2001 much to my other halves annoyance latest came to day
Total Posts: 67
Kampa do a couple of porch awnings at £500 and £600 and Vango do a motor caravan awning.

There was an inflatable pole tent years ago, but they were very troublesome. Technology has moved on and the Vango Airbeam tents are, apparently, quite reliable.