See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

Warden

Total Posts: 314
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Has anyone or is anyone on here a warden & lives full time on a site?
If so is it a good way of life?
I was speaking to a local warden & he said it was the best way he & his wife had ever lived. He had a large van & worked 5 days out of 7, she did the same, they got a free super pitch, laundry, gas, etc & at the end of the season they went to spain with the van for 11 weeks!!!
Total Posts: 122
Hi Billy 1 If you go to ukcampsite,co,uk you will find about 30 warden jobs offered paid for 5 day week to none paid for free pitch/hookup/gas for 3 hours per day, Make sure you dont fall foul of tax man if you are retired or unemployed.
Retired friends of mine did a 9 month season which turned out 7 day week not 5 as they were led to believe. they were under the impresion as they were pensioners and it was a caravan site it was tax free. The tax man can charge you for free gas/ electric and pitch fees as part of your wages. you can be classed as self employed also. Beware
Hi, yea have seen them, was't thinking of doing it just got me thinking after chatting with local warden.
as for taxman, if no wage but free site fee then how could they tax you? surely no one would tell taxman???
Total Posts: 88
After a friend of mine up sticks 4 years ago and went to cornwall he found a job as groundsman on a site and has now taken over as site manager / warden . When there last year we went to see him and he was completely relaxed and enjoying his new life. This gets you thinking about trying it yourselves. Luckily there was only himself and his wife. I would have to wait until the kids have left for good and then you wonder if you wold be fit enough to do the job. Nice dream though
our kids have grown up & its just me & the wife. Could sell house buy a big caravan & spend the rest of our lives living as a warden, 3 days a week would suit me!! :-)
Free Site Fee average £18 a day free electric £14 aweek free gas £30 a month
free water £10a month Free awning pitch £2 a day all count as wages payment in kind the site owners accountant would claim vat, tax relief on costs involved and any insurance he has to carry if any for you working on site etc
above equates to £164 aweek you are not allowed to earn this amount tax free if you are on a pension and if on the dole your dole would stop if caught for not declaring it and made to pay it back.Tax people go caravaning as well simple slip of the tongue. they also get paid bonuses on results now.one might even see your post as well as mine
Not on a pension or dole so not aproblem!
If the amount you can earn before tax goesto £10,000pa as is roumored then that is £192 a week before you pay tax, so I could have all that you say plus £30 wages a week for food ;-)
Total Posts: 19
Hi sandgrounder if what you say is true can someone tell me how the MP's get away with what they claim for expences they do not seem to pay tax on any of theres Rog
HI R SPENCE Anything to do with work and is given in lue is payment in kind so the young lady next door informs me and she should know she works in our local tax office. IE if you have a company car and travel round the country for your company and travel home from a job that is classed as private milage and is taxable also you are taxed on the free use of the car for private use. if you work in resturant tips are classed as earnings. I never went straight home from the job always via the office, They make the laws. I am led to believe they pay tax on some expenses but do not know which. After all the fiddles going on here and Brussels I bet they are few and far between. thats why they fight tooth and nail not to go on fixed expenses. look at the stories about the house of lords in the sunday papers and are trying to gag the papers
Always ways around taxes!
I know a number of companys that now offer company Nissan Navara crew cabs instead of company cars as you only get taxed as a van!! £500 a year!
Also been told if 'on call' then all fuel can be claimed as company use!?!
As I said you have a tax free amount that we all can earn, so as long as what you get included in the pitch fee doesn't add up to more than that weekly amount then you won't pay any tax any way. Think the amount is more if your over 65??
I cant see a company sales man turning up in a pickup to take future customs out for lunch . fuel no it cant the tax man knows you do private milage so they estimate it and you cant prove them wrong. the best way is pool cars and you pay all fuel and then charge company milage money just make sure you cover your private milage in it. if you change your car every time you go in office there is no car registered as you the driver as its a pool car any driver same with vans
Billy I was on Paye Yet for 5years payed 40% of my salary Idid a lot of research and argueing with the tax wrote hundreds of letters it even made me ill but I eventually found a senior tax officer who would listen to my side of things and not just answer were always right. I eventually got a £23.000 rebate. Tho retired I still keep all my bank statements and pension notice going back for ten years as that is how far the tax can claim back, you only get seven years
sandgounder, I have worked for two major companys that have Navara's for salesmen, some of these crew cab pickups look very good now!
As they are classed as a vans then fuel can be included as long as its only used to & from work & for work, wink, wink!!
Cash in hand is the way forward & keep it under the bed, just look at Cyprus!!
& some of these island beds have a big area under them for you rich people!!!
Billy If I was rich I would not be paying tax and living in a tax haven.
If I was rich I would be touring round Europe in a big 5th wheeler!