Total Posts: 19
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
ca anyone give advise on the best polish to use on a new bailey unicorn
RSpence
Total Posts: 18
I use Autoglym Super Resin Polish followed by Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection. Treatment has survived a full year. Van must be washed using Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner so that the polish is not removed during washingl
Total Posts: 10
Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner made me laugh. Sounds like the an might have a bad air day! Autoglym's the best, though.
Total Posts: 9
Bullet polish, have a shop on this site in the accessories section - take a look! Absolutely brilliant stuff, best I've used in the market so far - it might not be a house hold name like autoglym but Bullet Polish does twice the job.
Total Posts: 122
Wash with Halfords motorhome & caravan shampoo & cleaner Then polish with Autoglym CARAVAN Polish not car polish any oxidisation on paint or gelcoat is removed and sealed with a really smooth glossy shine.Sponge wash or jet wash with Halfords M&C shampoo twice a year to keep looking like new. Use jet wash no more than 60psi adusted to fantail only, soak any bird droppings with wet paper toweling leave for 20 minutes or so before washing away do the same next year and so on. will get you that extra £500- £750 on trade in
Total Posts: 19
Thanks guys think I will try the autoglym
RSpence
Total Posts: 228
Yep autoglym stuff is the best bang for bucks, however if you want to use the very best, real I am carnuba wax is hard to beat, expensive takes a lot of elbow grease but the result is A1
Total Posts: 72
I use a waterless cleaner Greased Lightening Showroom Shine which works a treat plus it does seem to keep cleaner for longer.... worth a try, I have a separate topic around cleaning your caravan no this site, check it out...http://www.caravanownersclub.co.uk/Forum/All/Maintenance/7683778/Cleaning-your-caravan-exterior
Total Posts: 88
I am now a convert after buying my car two years a go with Diamond Brite products for both the car and Caravan. Our local caravan dealer sells the product specifically for caravans but now i buy directly from diamond brite as i get products fror the car and caravan. Its not cheap but it does stop the dirt sticking as much and tends to clean off really easy and leave both shining
Total Posts: 25
I am at a loss as to how some of these products are "made for caravans". most of it is just the car stuff repackaged and a few extra pounds added to the price. If you want a really good finish on a good surface (as the original poster asked) use a marine based product and definetly stear clear of waterless products