See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

Tunnel bookings

Total Posts: 67
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
As a member of the C&CC I noticed that they offer 10% off all Eurotunnel crossings, so I thought I'd book with them.

After I'd booked I decided to check on just how much I'd saved on the four crossings.

According to the Eurotunnel website I could have booked for £28.55 less if I'd gone direct. The C&CC have since received an e-mail asking how spending an extra twenty eight quid counts as a 10% discount. I await their reply with interest.
Total Posts: 122
It just goes to show not all these so called bargains are genuine If you check up on line before hand you can save a fortune. Her in doors has put her foot down and said we are having two weeks abroad in the sun this year being waited on hand and foot all inclusive. I troiled the net and found that the same company using three different names has five different prices for the same two weeks in the same hotel in the same resort. all the names have the same head office By double checking on line and ringing up pretending to be a poor muddled pensioner think I have made a mistake I have safed my self £387 and got pre-booked seats both ways with early morning and afternoon flights and a seaveiw, Its worth spending an hour or two on the net before hand
You are so right sandgrounder. Normally I just book direct, but I thought that I might save myself a few quid this way. After all, the C&CC are supposed to be a reputable organisation. And I am a poor muddled pensioner.

Oh well, I've learnt my lesson now.
Total Posts: 314
hi, if your in the CC then they do discounts on the ferry to, I haven't checked but £73 return in july seemed good tome??
I'm a member of both at the moment, but shan't be renewing with the C&CC. This is the second time I've had a problem with them. Next year, of for the Autumn trip I'll try the CC. But I'll get the direct prices first.
Total Posts: 314
I am only with CC & was thinking should I join C&CC to, but not sure now??
Total Posts: 155
I am a member of bo cc and c&cc but I don't take it for granted that they will have the best prices.
I always check tunnel and ferry prices and then choose the cheapest as when all said and done its a maximum of one and a half hour maximum to cross the channel.
Total Posts: 169
Posted: 5 years ago
have you tried joining ACSI. they give much cheaper rates than CC or C&CC. I have had a lot of problems with C&CC this year. we went to a site in normandy where we were charged tourist tax, even though C&CC brochure clearly states you do not have to pay it. on complaining we were told that they knew about the problem and will be reimbursing only if it was cost effective. they said in our case it was but we are still waiting. the site was du pont, so check to see if you are owed anything
Total Posts: 155
Posted: 5 years ago
I always check prices for all modes of transporte to the continent before ringing the clubs for prices.
Never assume the clubs are cheaper.