Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

spring caravaning

Total Posts: 4
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi, When do you satart caravaning ?
We have all the luxuries of caravaning, central heating, etc, but last year we waited for the sun to shine, I notice Easter falls early this year 1st April,k should we go then or wait ?
Total Posts: 122
Hi Jeanc Most caravan sites start the season on 1st March and go on to the end of November, others stay open all year. The last three years when I have gone to site the 1st March has been really warm weather T shirt weather for a couple of days.Depends on your interests, The wife and I like to watch the Hares boxing inMarch in front of the van and the squirrels and birds visit soon as we put up the feeders. Caravaning is what you make it Some people like to go cycling from site as well as rambleing others like to do 2/3sites in aweek. I suggest you look round for a site about an hrs drive away take the van and pitch up stay aweek end or a week if you can and explore round about. You,ll always find somewhere to visit or do even if its raining. I have found rain dose,nt seem to bother Kids aslong as there is something to keep them occupied and they make new friends wellies & rain coats a must. Ive even enjoyed it in the snow. If you only enjoy it when the suns shining why not find a site alongside a beach . The caravaning world is what you make it . ENJOY
Total Posts: 314
Hi, we carry on all year, had Xmas & New Year in the van & will be away every weekend we are both off work at same time, somethimes we 'go local' & carry on working from the site!
Enjoy when ever you start.
Our site is officially open all year round. Unfortunately we do not have hard standing and this year the rain has become quite a problem over the winter. Our last visitor was during the October half term and we had to tow the caravan off with the tractor due to the wheels spinning. We the perfect lawn for our campsite, it is normally well drained and Phil cuts it several times a week when possible. This year it is wiae to check out hard standing if you intend to make an early start. The rain has rained for more than 80 days and nights now and it still rains .... there is nowhere for the rain to go. Shropshire looks like the Lake District!! However there is always the car park and the views are still beautiful.
Total Posts: 155
We caravan all year round and have had to keep in contact with the sites to make sure the weather is not going to spoil our plans, as the rain does not just cause problems for grass pitches there are many sites that get flooded spoiling the best made plans and costing sites lost revenues and repair bills.
We will continue to support sites that are open all year round as the colder seasons have much to offer especially in the varied wildlife that abounds.
went over easter & it was great to be in van & see a lot of people having their 1st 2013 trip out.
Total Posts: 88
We tend to start around Easter although our first outing is in a fortnight as it is my youngest sons bitrhday. We tend to pack up going away in the caravan at the end of October. However after buying our new van last year we could use it all year round as it is classed as a four season van. Maybe when the kids dont want to come with us we may try to go away all year round but until then we are stuck to school holidays
oh dear bad time to go as sites ramp up the prices!!
Total Posts: 72
Easter for us as well or there abouts.... not been anywhere so far this year as we have had loads of snow but we are away for the next two weekends... just side note we normally stop in October but this year we went away in November for the bonfire weekend specials and yes it was a little cold so the heating was on all the time. If you find a site doing a Bonfire event its well worth a go.
Total Posts: 72
Well we have just had our first weekend away this year and think we picked a good weekend to start temp was up to 16 and the sun actually came out for a while :-).
Gland we still have heating at night but overall a good start to the year.
Total Posts: 190
We use our van every weekend including Xmas and New year.... Vans are not cheap so use it as much as you can and enjoy every minute of it....
Total Posts: 11
Posted: 4 months ago
It is hard to do proper maintenance of caravan, especially if you use them after months. We usually go for caravaning after 6 months, and it was challenging to do complete repair and other maintenance that's why I sold it. Last month, we just got a caravan from here https://www.rvrentacampervan.com and enjoyed our trip of Canada and few states of America. However, if you travel on a monthly basis, then it is better to get your own caravan.