See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

Awning flooring?

Total Posts: 314
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
I was wondering what everyone uses as their awning floor covering?
I have them squares that lock together & then an awning carpet.
I find the squares are good also if you don't want th put the awning up but want somewhere to take your shoes off.
Total Posts: 67
Mud mainly. :)
always choose hardstanding in winter so it also stops the stones (or mud) getting in on the shoes ;)
Total Posts: 155
We always put our flooring down, but we do lift it on a regular basis to allow the grass to breath.
Total Posts: 122
I put the van on the grass and spread one of those blue tarps on top of the stones or crushed slate with my awning carpet on top then erect the awning. the tarp and carpet stop the awnig from from getting coverd with dust off the gravel or slate I find a lot of sites use that pea pebble which is usually not washed, but just layed or spread over that black sacking type material used to keep weeds in check in the garden.this way the site does not end up with baldy grass spots where the awnings been when people move off site, as the grass still grows under the van.If we are lucky enough to get a week or two of sunny weather the grass is still green under the van when the rest of the site has gone yellow.
Total Posts: 4
The way the British weather is going, I do not think that any type of pitch other than hard standing is suitable for an awning floor covering. Besides, grass takes some time to recover after being covered by any materials that may be used. Stick with hard standing and go with anything that is easy to lay and can be covered by an awning carpet.
Total Posts: 72
We always try for a hard standing and then we have a large mat which is supposed to be for use on grass but doesn't kill it.. it just softens the floor and means you can walk out into the awning without shoes on :-)
Total Posts: 88
The best awning floor covering we have found came with the awning itself from Dorema, It keeps clean really easily and allows the ground to breath properly. Sites are now starting to impose rules about what you can and cant use so be careful before you het something and make sure you can use it.
think its only when on grass the sites like you to use certain flooring covers, hard standing can be most things?
Total Posts: 15
We use the squares on our porch awning and a full size breathable sheet in the full awning even if we have a hard standing as someone else has written it's some where to put your boots and shoes
Total Posts: 190
I use a breathable tarp on ground with the squares that lock together covered by a good awning carpet (Outdoor Revolution). In the winter months I always go for a hardstanding pitch where possible.
the squares that lock together seem popular, got mine from e-bay!
Total Posts: 15
Bit late but Aldi and Lidl sell the interlocking squares from time to time usually cheaper than leading brands