General

new caravan

Total Posts: 169
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 3 years ago
picked up my new van the other day. its a compass corona 574. its a lot bigger than my previous van, a swift challenger 480, but am so looking forward to the luxury of fixed single beds. (heaven). no more making beds. hope there are no problems with this one. has anyone else got a new van for start of the touring season
Total Posts: 190
We seriously looked at the Bailey Barcelona 3. However after much deliberation consider the build quality to be better on the Barcelona 2. Going to stick with what we have for this season. Good luck with the new van and believe me once you have had fixed beds you will never go back.
we looked at a bailey rimmini when we decided on a new van, but our dealer broke away from his bailey franchise because, as he said, they had been delivered with damp issues. and he was responsible for dealing with the problem, so he has now taken on an elldis franchise, which was why we chose our model. have you had any problems ian
Total Posts: 190
No problems at all. This is the best van I have ever owned. Surely your dealer would have reported this to Bailey to ensure any future builds did not have the same problem. It's scary thinking you spend a lot of cash on a new van delivered with such a serious issue.........
the dealer said when he reported it to bailey he was told to make the necessary repairs, and as it is a small dealer they had neither the time or the room. other owners have told me they have been having damp issues, which veered me To another van, but at least you are happy, which considering the price of any van we all should be, as you don't get these issues on a new car
I have now had several trips in the new van and not one fault has been found am over the moon with it. the only problem was the water pump. it is a whale pump. for some reason when the hot water was run it started leaking from the connector, and the pump kept running, luckily i had bought a spare and we have had no problem with this one. has anyone else had similar problems with this pump. i have reported it to the dealer and he is going to replace it, so am happy with that.