General

Time to upgrade

Total Posts: 56
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
We have had a few trips in our 1990 ABI caravan, and we are hooked. We stayed in our van over New year and loved it. We are now looking for our next caravan, I have £5,000 plus our ABI to go. The ABI is dry and has had lots of bits done including things like fitting a high level brake light, re wiring the running light. So what advice when looking, there are lots out here, we want a fixed bed 4 berth. Any make to avoid? Spotted a Hobby 2005 for £5000 but had missed it.
Total Posts: 314
some dealers doing some good offers on vans at the moment, I would spend a Saturday looking around & deside on what you want then wait until you get what you want, its a buyers market out there.
Total Posts: 270
If you're looking for a fixed bed, make sure that it is the same handed side as you currently sleep if you struggle to settle on the opposite side as me n ' er indoors do. We went for this model on our last van and had a nightmare as the cut out was the opposite side to our bed. It's especially difficult if one of you wants to get out in the night and has to climb over the other one. Only alternative may be to look for an island bed. Ozzy
PI am over 6ft tall, so when we tried the double at the back of our caravan my head was against the back wall with my feet hard against the wardrobe. She who must be obeyed sleeps on the out side, I rarely get up in the night, luckily..
Total Posts: 270
If all else fails, find a van with a bed at the back and a window on the side you can put an awning up and put your feet out of the window...lol...
Got a couple to look at, a Bessecar in Lincolnshire and a Hobby 560 in Leicestershire. There seem to be plenty out there in my range, I have been advised to look at German vans because of the build quality.
Total Posts: 122
Hi folks some one talking about Hobbies arn,t they the ones with the door on the wrong side causes allsorts of problems on site when erecting an awning. Moving on to beds Iwould only have an island bed or two singles these side beds are a pain in the jackys to quote Ozzie. her in doors accused me of trying to get me leg over when getting up to get rid of the five pints of Black sheep I had on a night out with the people in the next van She said Iwas so selfish for starting with out her. Mines a Geist with the door on the nearside before Adria door nearside Nearly bought hobby 620 but door wrong side some companies wont insure them
Ended up with 2006 Coachman Wanderer fixed bed, the old ABI has gone, sold on for almost what I paid les £20
After travelling to Swindon, bought it from Bicester caravans just down the road...