Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

General

2012 Bailey Mattress Damp Issues?

Total Posts: 270
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi All
For those of you lucky enough like us (written with a little hint of sarcasm after the problems we've had) to have bought a Bailey Caravan in 2012, please see the forum topics below from other sites. It would appear that there may be cases of the mattressess suffering excessive damp due to the material used to construct them, I have just checked with my dealer and Bailey (as usual it would appear) have not issued an official recall as of yet and no doubt some that may find an issue with their matresses may have believed that it has been caused by over-wintering:-

http://www.caravantalk.co.uk/community/topic/74882-cadiz2-damp-mattresss/

http://community.caravantimes.co.uk/forum/topics/anyone-with-a-bailey-and-damp-mattresses

Off to check ours asap..
Ozzy
Just a quick update, it would appear that the manufacturer of the mattresses are going to honour claims for Bailey Caravans going back as far as October 2011 so get checking...
Ozz..
Okay, so All Bailey owners, please take heed.. l have today managed to get down to our van to check the 2 mattresses only to find them absolutely sodden with damp,, while there I checked the seat cushions and they are bone dry. On finding them, I took them straight to our dealer who said "they feel just like they've come out of a washing machine". I have to wait now until Monday before I can contact the sevice dep't and will drop an update on here so as I said, if you own a Bailey made product produced after October 2011, check your mattresses, you may be lucky enough not to have a problem but best to check. I'm not blaming Bailey for this one but they should still put out an alert for owners to check their mattresses..
Ozzy...